Sunday, November 23, 2008

100 Posts and Still Going Strong!

Holy Smokes! Today marks post numero 100! I seriously can’t believe that I’ve been blogging for one hundred days! Craziness! I am still having a ball doing it because not only have I “met” so many great people, but I’ve learned a lot about myself, too! I’m thrilled to have become part of this community!

I decided to stray from my typical oats today to finally try Caitlin’s french toast using English muffins.



Wow! These were amazing! I used an egg white/almond breeze/cinnamon mixture and let them hang out at a low temp until they were beautifully browned on each side. While they were in the pan, I made some blueberry sauce. I just combined 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of agave and 2 cups frozen blueberries. I brought it up to a boil and then it simmer for a wee bit. At the end I made a slurry (equal parts corn starch & water) to thicken the mixture up. Here’s the finished product. What a wonderful treat!

After breakfast we went to the farm for our Sunday morning visit. My MIL bought Mario Cart for the Wii and we had fun trying that out! We also brought Wii Music out for them to try. Time sure flies when you’re having fun, I tell you! Before I knew it, it was noon and time to hit the road. Here’s a picture of the 3 puppies (not so) patiently waiting for a treat!



I wasn’t really in the mood for anything for lunch, but I had some stuff in the fridge that needed to be used up so I nuked a turkey burger that was topped with some brie and left over veggies from last night.



This did not hit the spot and I ended up tossing the veggies. Very weird for me, but I just wasn’t feeling this lunch AT ALL. Even the burger went down my throat like a rock. Ugh. I ended up munching on a Kashi Honey Almond bar. Strangely enough, that kept me full for 4.5 hours!



I spent a little over an hour on my Wii Fit this afternoon. I did a little of each yoga, strength, balance and aerobic activities. I managed to unlock a few more moves under each heading, too! One on my favorites that I unlocked today was a boxing one. It really got my heart rate up and had me in a sweat! After that I cuddled up with a pear and a chai tea…



And read my book for an hour, which made me sleepy so I had a half hour snooze. What a relaxing afternoon!

Dinner tonight was pea meal bacon, egg whites and toast. My hubby had a hockey game over the dinner hour and the kids decided they wanted eggs (they had a 2-egg omelette each). After spending such a lazy afternoon, I was happy to oblige!



We went to my parents afterwards for a visit. While there, I noshed on 3 chocolate chip cookies and a mug of tea. I made sure to be home in time to watch The Amazing Race and made another snack during the show.



Plain yogurt, pumpkin granola and blueberry sauce from this morning. This was definitely a bowl of yum. Once I ate it, I stuck a minty piece of gum in my mouth to ward off another snack attack! That trick always works for me! Once I’m done on the computer, I plan to head to bed and get an early night in. Back to the grind tomorrow!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your pups are soooooooooooooooooo cute! I can't get enough of wrinkly faces! What a fun day and what a way to start it off! That french toast does look/sound so amazing! I must try it for myself! Caitlin has the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 100TH POST, KRISTA!!! I hope to read at LEAST 100 more posts from you :-)

    AMAAAAAZING English-muffin-French-toast!!

    Cute dogs!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for 100! Love the puppy pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that blueberry sauce looks so good!!! YUM! Congrats on the 100th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking french toast! I love MarioKart - my sister and I both headed to the store to buy it the day it was released. And the boxing in WiiFit is awesome - wait til you can open the advanced and expert lengths, you get some crazy combos!

    Congrats on the 100th post :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pups are so cute! congrats on 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. French toast and cute puppies...can a day get any better?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats for the 100 posts!!!
    I was just thinking about trying to make Caitlin's muffin french toast..hahaha.... now I definitely will try it tomorrow!! And great idea for the sauce!!!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH cute puppies!! 100 days is a big milestone too :) Glad to hear the breakfast was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on 100 strong :) and such cute puppies!!!! love em

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those puppies are gorgeous!! Congrats on 100 posts! And those muffins look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being 100 posts strong! I tried caitlin's English French toast over the weekend too adn agree that it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on 100 posts! Your eats looks delicious! I love that Kashi bar too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 100 posts eh? Wow, times flies, awesome stuff!

    Love the puppy picture, that's too cute.

    I really have to try Wii fit one of these days. If only I had a Wii...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey! I started a blog after reading so many great ones like yours!! I have a Wii fit too (!!!) = LOVE...I do it solo, and with my family also. It's soo nice when you don't feel like going to the gym, outside, or want a fun way to workout!! Have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!