Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas....

I had a fantastic sleep last night! I was lights out by 10:30 and slept solidly through until 8am. DD had a restful night, too! We both needed it. I wasn't hungry right when I woke up like usual, so I puttered around the house for a bit folding laundry, making beds and such. When I did eat, I decided that a nice, normal bowl of oats is what I wanted!


-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-blueberries
-cinnamon
-1 tsp Mighty Maple PB (OK, so maybe that part wouldn't be considered "normal"!)


I enjoyed this bowl in the quiet of my kitchen while gazing out my big kitchen window at the gently falling snow. So calming which is a nice change from the usual morning rush!

Last night I was really craving grapes so I had a fair size bowl with the "bum" end of Weight Watcher WW bread coated in a smear of PB & Co cinnamon swirl PB.


Doesn't that look pretty?

We went for our weekly visit to the farm after breakfast. No much new to report there. For me, it was an extension of my peaceful breakfast because for the most part the kids were preoccupied playing MarioKart on the Wii. While there I had a coffee (mmm..) and 2 chocolate chip rice cakes. I forgot my camera at home, but I'm sure everyone knows what rice cakes look like! :)

We came home in time for lunch. I had some extra polenta from supper last night in the fridge and there was about a 1/3 cup of egg whites that I needed to use. I decided to try popping the polenta in the toaster (thank God it didn't fall apart)and I nuked the egg whites. Once on my plate, I topped it with a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.


It all turned out pretty tasty!

After lunch we pulled out all our Christmas tree stuff and got to work decorating it. Every year my hubby assembles our (fake) tree and strings the lights. I then hand out the ornaments to the kids and they place them where ever they want on the tree.


Once the kids go to bed, I usually re-arrange the ornaments so that there's not 3-4 per branch. :) This picture is obviously a "before". I seem to have misplaced my tree skirt, though! If I can't find it soon, I'll have to buy another one.

My MIL bought, then lent me, the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 game for the Wii! I was super excited to try it out! It's one of the items on my wish list for Christmas. I was confused when I first popped it in because it told me to use the Wii balance board but nothing seemed to work. My hubby got me to try without the board and off I went. I picked a 30 minute "weight loss" workout that really had my heart pumping. A few of the sections still confused me, though. For instance, one activity requires that you pick up and throw paint balls. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pick up the balls so I just stood there. That sucked. All in all, my heart rate was definitely up and in the end it said that I burned 158 calories in the half hour. I'm sure I will do much better than that once I've got it all figured out. I'm on the fence on whether or not I like it, though. Wii Fit is still my fave!

Supper tonight tonight was baked tofu (re heated) steamed frozen veggies and a sweet potato that I quartered and microwaved for 5 minutes.



I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach because I couldn't finish the whole sweet potato. I saved some for lunch tomorrow.

We've just come back from my parents house and I'm getting ready to scurry downstairs to watch the Amazing Race!

Bye for now!

14 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas tree- glad you and the fam had a good time decorating together :)
    I want WiiFit sooo terribly bad!!
    Have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eats ALWAYS look beyond pretty, Krista - looooove it!! :-D

    Gorgeous Christmas decorations/tree!!

    Enjoy watching t.v.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww your christmas tree looks awesome! i cant wait to get ours and decorate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to decorate the Christmas tree, isn't it?> I wish I had one at home.

    Your lunch looks so yummy!!!! I love nuked egg white with sauce. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas tree is so festive! I love your lunch, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for putting up the Christmas tree. I think that will be my activity during the Amazing Race.

    And your polenta looks great - is it premade or from scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for tree decorating!!

    and that grape bowl looked amazing! so many different types!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just when I thought I couldn't eat any more sweet potatoes you show me such a beautiful one again!!!!

    yay for christmas trees. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tree! Your eats look good too!

    With the corn chowder. I am not sure in what measurements you would have to use everything, but you could make a traditional gravy recipe with flour and milk and then add the other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had grapes in a while and that big bowl of yours has given me an incredible craving for some!

    That Wii game sounds like so much fun... seriously. I need one of those systems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Xmas tree!! I have such Christmas envy since I'm a Jewish girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to know you liked that wii game! i might have to request it for christmas!
    all of the eats look wonderful as usual :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tree! I am excited for December!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flax seed porridge sounds wonderful and hearty. I've been craving oatmeal recently and this intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!