Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Re-invented Roast

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain this morning. Much better than looking out the window and seeing snow! I do tend to feel bad having to wake my babies up on rainy days, though! They look so cozy and cuddly wrapped up in their blankets! *sigh*

I completely deviated from my regular breakfast of oats today! It may sound crazy, but there was a real mental block to climb over in order to eat something out of the ordinary! How sad is it that I seem to be addicted to my morning bowl?? The breakfast I did make was super satisfying, though! Check it out!




-an Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted English muffin
-1/3 cup egg whites with some mushrooms, S & P, nuked for 2 minutes
-1 slice Swiss cheese
-Frank’s Redhot sauce



This sucker was a monster!! Man, was I stuffed after I ate this! I actually took a bit of an eating break half way through and organized some things before I came back to it! WOWZERS! I did miss my oats, but I think this was a nice switch up!

Last night I decided it was time to use up the very ripe bananas that I had on the counter. I made a recipe from Hungry Girl that I’ve done many times. The only switch I did was nixing the Splenda for agave. My system does not appreciate artificial sweeteners! Also, I sprinkled about 2 Tbsp of peanut butter chips on top as well as 2 Tbsp of chopped walnuts. Here she be before going into the oven;



And in all it’s glory 55 minutes later!



Doesn’t that look wicked good?? Believe you me, my house had an intoxicating aroma wafting through it last night! Of course I tried a piece when it was (almost) cool enough! I spread half with PB & Co. Cinnamon Swirl.



Holy Cow! Absolutely sinful!

I also enjoyed a piece with the coffee my body was craving mid morning!




I walked on the treadmill again today. It’s really hard for me to allow myself to walk instead of run. I have this mental thing going on that I’m not getting a good workout if I’m not hot and sweaty and “panting”. Reading a magazine certainly helped distract me, but I hope to be back at it again come the weekend.

Lunch making was a challenge last night because tomorrow is grocery day and my fridge is VERY empty! If you can believe it, there wasn’t even any leftovers! I came up with a veggie sandwich…Weight Watchers WW bread, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, Eat Smart 3 bean dip, lettuce and roasted red peppers. I toasted it up in the oven at work. On the side, I had sliced peppers for some color.



When I got home from work yesterday there was a message form my doctor’s office wanting me to call to schedule an appointment for my yearly physical. I called right away this morning thinking I would book for Monday or Tuesday seeing as they’ll be slower days at work. Just guess when they’re booking for! MARCH! What? Why call me now for March? I have no idea what my schedule will look like in 5 months. I ended up booking for March 11, but I haven’t a clue as to whether or not I’ll make it!

My afternoon snack was a plain Bio Best yogurt with pineapple tidbits and a touch of instant coffee mixed in.



Dinner tonight was leftover crock pot roast that I turned into pasta sauce, which turned into chili for tonight! I defrosted the leftovers and added a can of 6 bean medley...



...and some mushrooms. I also boiled up a small package of elbow macaroni to use as a base because it wasn't a huge pot of chili and my family can eat! I had about a 1/3 of a cup of noodles under a cup of the chili. I put a dollop of plain yogurt on top for some creaminess and a garnish!



VOILA!

My sweet end was a half coffee, half french vanilla cap from 7-11.



I got a few magazines in the mail today that I want to dig into and CSI is on later. I might walk on the treadmill again for a bit, too. I emailed Stonewall Kitchens yesterday asking if they sold their product in Canada and they referred me to a distribution place near where I live. With the help of this company, I was given a name of a local store that carries some of the product. I plan to check the place out over the weekend to see if they have any of that pumpkin pesto in stock. I've also been toying with a recipe for this weeks BSI-sweet potato. I plan to make it sometime Saturday so stay tuned for that post! Have a great evening, all!!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Pouring here today as well.

    Oh my, that bread is SCREEEEEAMING decadence!!! Mmm, mmm, mmm!!!

    Can't wait to see your BSI submission in a few days!!

    Have a great Thursday evening, Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread cake thing looks great. I'll be trying that this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a surprise that you didn't have oatmeal for breakfast! But that muffin looks so delicious!!!
    And that banana bread....mmmmmm......so yummy~~~~ I need the comfort food today!

    oh..it seems that everywhere is raining today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked good is a total understatement!! :) WOW that looks yummy! I am thinking about going to make it now! RIGHT NOW! LOL

    I completely understand your attachment to your routine and the things that comfort you! I am totally the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, by the way, if you need any help getting Stonewall's stuff, please let me know. I'm sure we can help you get what you are looking for if that store doesn't pan out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so yummy, especially the Hungry Girl recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny, over the past few months I've forced myself to 'break out' of my breakfast routine, but in the opposite direction! I used to eat an egg white omelet for breakfast every single morning for almost 2 years. Now I force myself to eat other things like oatmeal, fruit & yogurt, etc. It's hard, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum i love banana bread!! with peanut butter, it's sooo good :D
    can't wait to see what you come up with for the BSI!
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love straying from a sweet breakfast every now and then. Except I always find I need to end up eating something sweet on the side anyway. My sweet tooth is crazy.

    The banana bread looks awesome. Most especially with the pb chips. YUM.

    And 7/11 coffees rule my world. Mainly because you can do all the fun mixing yourself. They have awesomely delicious options a lot of the time... mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That food all looks so yummy! And I have never made banana bread, but that would be worth the time to make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous eats, my friend. I'm so proud of you for stepping outside of the breakfast box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummmmm! Your banana bread looks great! It is definitly going on the to-do list :)

    Have a great Friday :) I hope you don't mind that I've added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Girl! So I am finally going to leave a comment!:) Don't worry too much about walking over running. Not that you need this, but it is actually better to walk for 1hr than to run 30 mins. When you keep your heart rate below 120 your body uses your stored body fat for fuel. When you run (or HR is above 120) your body uses carbs for fuel so you will only burn what you have just eaten!! That is how I have lost 15 lbs!!! Again, not that you need it!! M.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!