Friday, October 3, 2008

A Tribute to Sunshine!

Although I woke up to a very cool morning, the sun was shining nice and bright. I decided to pay homage to the sun with a tropical twist to my oats.

Pina Colada Oats

-3/4 cup pineapple juice
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-1/4 cup egg whites
-dash of coconut extract
-1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
-sprinkle of ground pecans



This bowl absolutely ROCKED! I loved every single bite of it. It was thick, creamy and just sweet enough. The pineapple juice was saved from the can that I used in the muffin recipe last night. No point in wasting it!

Last night, I snacked on one of the muffins that I made. They were pretty good! I think I will add raisins next time for a little extra sweetness. I was A-OK with the taste, but my hubby thought they were a little bland. Mind you, this is coming from a guy who still puts 2 spoons of sugar in his coffee and tea!

I had a good lunch run today. I felt like I had an extra spring in my step….probably because I left work at 3pm today so at that point I knew I only had 2 hours to go!

For lunch today I ate this great big salad...



-3 cups lettuce
-1/2 cup shredded carrots
-1/2 cup broccoli florets
-President’s Choice meatless chicken strips
-2 Tbsp shredded feta
-2 Tbsp Bountiful’s Hearty Italian dressing



It was actually kinda messy to eat, but I’m not known to back down from a challenge and I won over this mountain of vegetables! I also drank a Cappuccino as a sweet end.



After I left work I went and took care of the groceries. It was nice to get that done and out of the way kid-free. I also stopped at the health food store for some Lara Bars (banana cookie, gingersnap & cocoa coconut), agave nectar and Ezekiel 4:9 English muffins.



While I was there I found some Pukka tea in Relax. This is a great tea to have before bed!



I also found some Sahale snack mix in walnut.



I've never tried this mix before but it looks very interesting. I plan on topping my oats off with it tomorrow.

I bought some spicy mango marinated basa fillets for dinner. Just the kind you heat in the microwave.



Sorry the picture is sideways! Don't know what happened there! Anyways, I served it with a simple couscous made with some feta, salt & pepper...



My sweet end was a pumpkin muffin with some almond butter slathered on...mmm...



After dinner we had some errands to run and we just got home now (8:30pm) which is why I'm posting later than usual. I have a load of laundry to fold and then I'm going to relax a bit.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. PiƱa Colada Oats + Larabars + Pumpkin muffin with almond-butter = delicious!!!

    Happy Friday evening!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!