Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Love My Crockpot!

I woke up definitely not feeling my best this morning. I didn’t feel sick per se, just “off”. It was kind of like I would feel after eating too much at dinner….you know how it is after, let’s say, Christmas dinner? After giving it some thought, I’m pretty sure it’s the amount of “nut” intake I’ve been eating the last few days. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not a huge fan of nut butters and the such so I’ve never really eaten too much of it. Lucky if I eat PB 3 times a year. Well, the past few days I’ve been eating my fair share of almond butter and the Sahale walnut snack mix. So…it’s time to take a break from the nuts and get back to eating more fruit. I just think they’re too heavy for my poor system! With this thought in mind, here’s what I made my oats with this morning.

-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 banana
-1/2 cup frozen raspberries
-cinnamon



It was yummy, but even this sat heavy in my belly. Sigh.

I’m sure my snack last night contributed to my blah state today, but it was so delish at the time!



I mixed up a 1/3 cup of Fage, a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup, 1 Tbsp of almond butter and topped it with a 1/4 cup of Kashi Digestive Wellness cereal. Oh, my!

Despite my belly issues, I had another superb run today! I got another 40 minutes in and ran a little over 3.5 miles (2 min, warm up, 35 min run, 3 min cool down). Like yesterday, I could’ve run much longer. I think it’s time to shake things up and start running at a faster pace/higher incline.

I packed a Weight Watcher Smart Ones with extra veggies for my lunch today. This was called “Pineapple Beef Teriyaki”.



There's about a half a cup of steamed veggies under that pile! This micro dinner was SO good! Sorry the one picture is sideways! The meat was tender and there was a lot of it! The sauce was just sweet enough and the rice was firm, not mushy. I’ll buy this one again for sure! Around 3:30, I ate a zucchini-pineapple-banana muffin. No photo, it was the same as yesterday! I also nibbled on about half of these grapes.



They were a little to sour for me!

I’ve noticed a few new readers commenting on the blog and wanted to take a moment to say thanks to everyone for taking an interest and the time reading and commenting on my blog. I love to read all the comments and can’t wait until the blog really gets “out there” and more people start reading.

I’ve been busy scouring the net for some BSI recipe ideas as featured on Rhodey Girl Tests blog. I’ve thought of an idea to submit but I’m gonna give the recipe a whirl before I do. I plan to test this out for Friday’s dinner. Very exciting!!

The kids and I had hair appointments at 5:15pm and I really didn’t want another fast, grab n’ go dinner so I put all the ingredients for this awesome Weight Watchers recipe in the crockpot last night. I make this quite a bit in the winter because we all love it and there are always plenty of leftovers for the freezer. Here’s a before shot!



I always just throw in whatever canned beans I have in the pantry. Tonight’s pot had a 19oz can of each romano beans, white kidney beans and a 6 bean mix. I also used plain diced tomatoes because that’s what I had. Here it is after 8 hours on the low setting of my (ancient) crock pot.



Yikes! I really need to get out this weekend and get that new camera! The pictures are a kinda "red" now. I served mine with a dollop of fage...mmm...



And my kids 2 favorite “songs” when eating beans..

“beans, beans, the magical fruit,
the more you eat, the more you toot”


and...

“beans, beans, they’re good for your heart,
the more you eat, the more you fart!”

They subject us to this over and over again whenever we eat beans. Aren’t they darlings?! When the weather is cool (or even darn right cold) I LOVE to use my crockpot. There's nothing better than coming through the front door to a wonderful smelling, already cooked for you dinner!

We had some unexpected (but always welcome) company tonight and I still have to do lunches and stuff before watching SYTYCD Canada so this is the end of today's post. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, feel better soon!!

    Hooray for crockpot meals!!

    Enjoy your company!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!

    Dinner looks delicious.

    My grandpa used to sing that song all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would go nuts if I couldn't eat nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need a crock pot!

    how cute that you and the kids got your hair done together! i love that!

    can't wait to see what polenta recipe you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista, I've been enjoying your blog for a few days now and just wanted to say 'hi' in acknowledgment of your sweet message about your readers. Your meals provide great ideas and you seem like a super mom! Just be sure to let us know if there's anything in the U.S. you want sent your way ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!