Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling Strong!

You know, I just love my warm oats for breakfast. They’re the perfect start to my day! This morning’s bowl was no exception.

-1 cup water
-1/2 Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-1 small very ripe pear
-2 Tbsp Sahale snack mix in Dauphine (walnut)
-dash of cinnamon



The added crunch from the Sahale mix really made the bowl. Talk about awesome consistency! I can hardly wait to try the 5 other flavors!

Last night I snacked on a Kashi Honey Almond Flax granola bar while watching Dancing With The Stars.



I really like this flavor and the fact the bar itself is pretty dense.

I started feeling a bit hungry mid morning so I had a great big pumpkin spice tea. That worked for about an hour and then the munchies were back. I can’t figure out why because my breakfast should’ve held me over longer than 3.5 hrs! I decided that being hungry on the treadmill wasn’t an option so I ate about a cup of green grapes at 11:30. No picture because I posted one yesterday.

My lunch run today was the best I’ve had in a long time! I felt so powerful and strong! I snuck in an extra 5 minutes but was still a little ticked off that I had to get off when I did! I squeezed 40 minutes in and was almost late getting back to work. It was totally worth it, though. I’d love that kind of energy everyday!

My lunch was a cup of Campbell’s Harvest Veggie soup with 2 Ryvita crackers.



I am about to say something that you won’t hear much of on this blog. I did not like this soup. At all. There were lots of veggies in it, but the taste was just nasty. I ended up eating it because I didn’t have a back up lunch at the office. Even the picture is bad! See the big ole fluorescent light in the reflection? Haha! The other half of this can went down the drain. Thank God for the Ryvita crackers! I bought a clam chowder one, too. I hope it ends up being MUCH better than this one! On a positive note, I did have this yummy zucchini-pineapple-banana muffin to munch on. That made me feel much better!



Dinner had to be another quickie tonight because the kids are in the pool at 6pm. I combined the last of the meatless chicken strips with some carrots, lettuce, smoked Gouda and dijonnaise and used it as a filling in a Italian Herb flatout wrap.



On the side I had the end of the sweet potato fries with some dijonnaise for dipping.



And my sweet end was one of my fave's! A Chocolate chip All Bran bar! MMMM....



Well, swimming is done for another week, but the night isn't over. After this post I have lunches to make, school bags to pack and tomorrow nights dinner needs to hop in the crock pot so it's ready to go in the insert in the morning. More on the crock pot tomorrow. I also want to sit down to watch The Biggest Loser and do some squats, lunges, crunches & planks during the commercials. Wish me luck!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Busy night!

    I have never had those All Bran bars. Maybe I should try them. Your oatmeal always looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the soup :0( But hooray for oatmeal and sweet potato fries!! :0)

    Enjoy your evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know about the soup, I have veen curious about it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!