Monday, October 20, 2008

Bringing Fresh Fruit Back

The office was SO cold when we arrived this morning. BRRR! As I’ve mentioned before, the building is under renovations. This has resulted in doors being propped open and plastic sheeting to cover some open areas. They are scheduled to be done by the end of November. Until then, I think I’ll bring a warm sweater to keep over my chair.

I had a mighty tummy stuffer of a breakfast this morning! And I brought some fresh berries back into the mix!



-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-1/4 cup (maybe a wee bit more….it was the end of the box) oat bran
-1/4 cup pumpkin
-a few raspberries



After this, I didn’t even think about food until 2pm. That’s a 6 hour stretch…and I walked by the chocolate filled office candy dish and wasn’t even tempted to treat myself! Now that’s what I call staying power!

For my snack last night I ate the remainder of the yogurt cheese, about a ¼ cup, with ½ cup of pumpkin puree, agave and Bran buds. It was sort of like an upside down pumpkin pie!



We found out today that one of the girls that works in my department will be off work indefinitely due to a family illness. This means us 3 remaining gals will be picking up the extra work. I actually don’t mind this because I prefer to be busy at work. The day goes by much faster. I do wish her family member a speedy recovery, though!

I had a good lunch run today. There was a squirrel busily collecting “things” right outside the big window, so I was occupied with watching him and before I knew it, I was done! Love that!

I ate the last Apple & Pepper Porkchop for my lunch today along with an autumn harvest muffin (see yesterday’s post for some picture’s of those!).



About 4pm I ate a nice bowl of grapes and raspberries. The fresh fruit tasted and felt really good to me.



With Monday’s comes DD's dance night. I’ve been getting kind of tired with the whole “fend for yourself” dinner every week so I had the fore thought to take some Chris & Tal’s Swiss & Mushroom burgers out to defrost. My hubby BBQ’d them up while I played chauffeur.



If you haven’t tried any of their products, you must go buy some and do so. Anything that I’ve tried from this line has ROCKED 110%!! My hubby, the carnivore, even prefers their burgers over pure beef ones. I dressed mine up with some dijonnaise, relish, jalapeno Havarti , lettuce & tomato and an English muffin. Drool worthy!



My sweet end was an un-photographed All Bran bar in chocolate chip. Love that flavor!

I've been giving this blog some thought lately on how much I've enjoyed writing it and becoming part of the blogging community. One thing I'd love to see more of for my blog is reader's comments. So, to all who are reading this, what would you like to see more or less of in my blog? Is there anything I could add? Or maybe take away? Any pointers would be much appreciated so that I can start generating more feedback. :~)

I'm off to try out a new workout DVD. I'll elaborate more on that tomorrow!

Bye for now!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog - keep doing what you're doing, I say!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your blog today and really enjoy it! Nice to read about a fellow Canadian:) Don't you find that your grocery list when you go the States is insanely long..just trying out different products that some of the bloggers use!! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to mix oat bran and oats.... it makes a huge bowl!
    Your burger looks amazing, how did you manage to pile them up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog is awesome! I love it!

    I have never seen those burgers. They look good.

    You had a very pumpkin and fruit filled day! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I never thought to pair raspberries w/ pumpkin but it sounds delicious! I love the blog, I added it to my 'blogroll'. :-)
    http://newtritionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's crazy, I just posted a very similar recipe for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal. It is super filling! And no better way to get veggies into your breakfast =). I had a feeling I wasn't the only one that had thought of it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog just the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Krista - I would not change a thing I love coming here each day and reading about your eating habits :) Keep up the good work! The fruit and the burger look amazing!

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog today. I'm interested in those burgers. I never thought of blending soy and meat together to lighten them up. It seems like a great compromise to keep the beef flavor while making them more waist line friendly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!