Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday At Last

I pretty much knew by the time I fell asleep last night that I was catching a cold. I just had that weird feeling going on in my nose. Sure enough, I woke up with sniffles to add to my weird feeling nose. Hopefully this won’t turn into a full blown cold. Hate those! And we’re short staffed at work so I can’t afford to be ill. Tis the season!

Here’s my breakfast combo for the day…



-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
-1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain cereal
-1/4 cup Enjoy Life Foods Cranapple granola



I was stuffed by the last 2 bites, but ate them anyways. It was too good to throw away even 2 measly spoonfuls!

Work went rather quick this morning. When I got in it looked like a tornado had hit my desk! How so much can accumulate in 1 day is beyond me. Around 11am I realized my tummy was growling at me. I ate a piece of my cake which held me over another 3 hours.

I decided against running today. I want to save my energy to fight this cold! I took a quick run to the store to pick up another box of Quaker Dino Egg porridge for my son. This is his newest addiction. He’s been eating it every morning for a few weeks now. Actually, he’s been eating anything and everything constantly for the past few weeks. He must be growing again!

I packed the rest of last night’s soup for lunch today. This stuff kept me full enough that I didn’t even eat a snack last night (although I did have this hot chocolate....I liked the dark better!).




That is some miracle, I tell you! I had some crackers on the side, too.



Around 3pm I munched on about 1 cup of green grapes. I love grapes when they’re firm and sweet. I could probably eat the whole bag!



Tonight will be a night that I suffer what I like to call “claw hand”. That’s when you wake up in the night and your hand is in the middle of a muscle cramp! EEK! I get this when I’ve had a heavy keypunching day at work…AKA….today!

I pulled some sauteed onion turkey sausages out for dinner tonight. My hubby did them up on the BBQ along with some onions wrapped in foil. I also roasted some butternut squash for 25 mins in a 425 deg oven. I just tossed them with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and a drizzle of agave.



My sweet end tonight was a muffin (the ones I made on Sunday).



I tried these little cashew clusters today from Mrs. May's
. They were very good! Crunchy with a sweet/salty thing going on. I would've taken a picture of an actual cluster, but DS ate the rest of this little bag when he came home from school. Too bad because I wanted to use some as an oat topper for tomorrow. Oh, well! I'll just have to but more. :) Just in case you missed what the baggie looked like, here's another picture.



I think I'm going to go brew at big cup of herbal tea and read my book. I think I'll grab a warm blanket, too! This will be a good night to chill out and go to bed early!

Bye for now!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the cold, I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday at last, indeed - this week went by sooooo slowly!!

    Ahhh, don't get sick!! And get rid of those muscle cramps!! Hang in there, Krista!!

    I LOVE the Enjoy Life Foods granola!! The Cinnamon Crunch flavor, to be exact :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get feeling better! Love all your eats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon.
    My mom always siad to drink pickle juice when I got cramps! HUH? Who know if it worked!!
    Thanks for your comment on my potato post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. fortunately it's friday and you have the whole weekend to rest and recover.
    Drink a lot of hot tea and have good sleep.
    My best method to overcome the cold is to taking a long bath and let me sweat and then a long long sleep!
    hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. drink some emergen-c! it will kick that cold's booty!
    hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when I can feel the beginnings of a cold. It makes me feel kind of helpless because I KNOW the cold is coming right around the corner, just sneaking up... ugh. I hope it doesn't get too full-fledged for ya though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog! LOVE your shell bowl. hope you feel better soon - wrap up warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you've ever had them, but try freezing those grapes first (if possible). They are wonderful when frozen, although best after they've been out of the freezer for like 5-10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your cold. Honey and tea usually work well for me when I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!