Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hectic Hump Day

Breakfast today was a big bowl of….you guessed it! Oats! Here’s today’s combination.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-1/3 cup pumpkin puree
-1/2 cup wild blueberries
-cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice



This meal kept me satisfied until lunch at 1pm. Go oats!!

At about 8pm last night, I became pretty hungry. I decided to pop a mint in my mouth to see if it would do the trick. Well, by 8:30 the cat was starting to look pretty tasty so I figured that for his sake I should get a snack. I decided on cereal with milk which is strange for me because I usually prefer it dry. What a monster bowl I made!



This is a half cup of each Kashi Puffs, Kashi Honey Sunshine, Kashi Digestive Wellness and All Bran Guardian with 3/4 of a cup of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze. This was delicious and filling! Yum Yum!!

I had a reader ask me about Fage and what it was, so for anybody out there who is unsure, it’s a thick, creamy, tangy, delicious Greek yogurt. I’m sad to say that it is not available in Canada. Whenever I go to the States on a shopping trip, I pick up as much as I think I can eat before the expiry date. I enjoy it mixed with honey or any kind of jam. It’s also great as a topper on thick soups, stews and chili. If you ever have the opportunity, try some. You won’t be disappointed!

I sipped on a Stash vanilla chai tea this morning. I did a wonderful job of warding off the damp chill from outside!



I felt kinda tired and draggy on my lunch run today. I woke up with stiff joints, too, so I hope I’m not coming down with another cold! I am glad I stuck it out, though. I feel much better regardless of the aches.

For lunch today, I packed 2 slices of ham and a good cup of steamed veggies. I enjoyed a triple chocolate chunk cookie for dessert.



Throughout the afternoon, I also munched away on a pumpkin muffin and...I can’t believe I’m going to admit this...2 more cookies! We had a very stressful afternoon at work and actually ending up staying an hour late to finish. I realize that I still need to work on my mindless eating habits some more!

I de-stressed when I came home by cooking a wonderful dinner! Cooking and/or baking always helps to soothe me when I've had a crazy day. Here's what I made...

Smoked Gouda and Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Turkey Cutlet

Serves 1

-1 turkey cutlet
-1 ounce smoked Gouda
-1/4 roasted red peppers
-salt & pepper
-steak spice

Flatten out the cutlet and season with salt & pepper. Place Gouda and peppers along the top of the cutlet and roll tightly. Spray with oil mister and sprinkle on steak spice. Place covered in 350* oven for 45 minutes.

I also placed some sweet potato fries along side the turkey roll and kept the seasonings the same.



This was SO good! Some of the cheese oozed out as it melted and gave the sweet potatoes and nice cheesy coating that was lip smacking! Obviously, the stuffing ideas are endless, but this was a good selection for me. Next time I'd like to roll some spinach in with the filling, as well. That would be great color!

The rest of the evening will be spent folding laundry (Hey...it's gotta be done, right?) and at 9pm, I'll be tuning into "The Workout" with Jackie Warner. I've become hooked on this show even though I know they're re-runs from a few years ago. I think she'd make a wicked good trainer! I'm looking in my crystal ball here and seeing that there is a yogurt in my near future.....updates tomorrow! Enjoy your evening!

Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Love the oats and sweet potatoes!!

    Good luck with this evening's activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Workout is fun to watch. Love the turkey cutlet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great turkey recipe!


    I am behind on blogs so sorry this isn't in the right post but what kind of breadmaker do you have, we are in the market for one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the turkey cutlet looks great. Great Recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!