Thursday, October 16, 2008

On Top of Old Smokey......

My breakfast this morning was like a warm blanket wrapped around my shoulders…..so comforting. I flavored this bowl with one of my favorite food combinations – chocolate & peanut butter. OK, so I used almond butter instead. It was a satisfying bowl of pleasure and just what the doctor called for on a cold fall morning!

-1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 cup (plus maybe a tsp more?) Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain cereal
-1 tsp almond butter



This 10 grain cereal has a consistency that is very similar to polenta. It’s really thick and hardy and makes a great “rib sticker” of a breakfast!

Last night I tried this yogurt that I bought for the kids...



And mixed it with about a half cup of All Bran Guardian cereal....I swear, the yogurt is under there!



This yogurt was really thick and creamy with a nice vanilla flavor. Two thumbs up! A little while later I was pretty cold so I made a steamy mug of dark hot chocolate.



Mmmm...much, much better! :)

I pulled all my Hallowe’en decorations out at work today (we did the ones at home over the weekend) and dressed up my work space. I tried to get a picture, but none turned out! Here is my little “witchy” kitty...



Isn’t he a cutie?! One of my co-workers and her family participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure event here in town. A donation form came around and I, of course, donated to the cause. Today she brought in little "thank you" gifts that her daughter hand crafted for those of us who sponsored them.



How thoughtful was that?!

Well, the flame that was under my butt on the treadmill last week seems to have been extinguished today. I found my lunch run a real struggle today and only managed to hammer out 2.5 miles. I am glad I got on because I really considered not doing it. Wonder what’s causing my burn out? Hopefully I’ll be more energetic tomorrow!

Lunch today was an Italian Herb Flatout wrap stuffed with leftover onions and a chicken thigh from my crockpot dinner the other night.



Delicious and simple! I also ate this little sliver of lemon tart that was in the staff kitchen. OMG! So yummy and tangy, but I wouldn’t want to eat much more than that! A little lemon goes a long way for this girl.




Dinner tonight was spaghetti squash that I sliced in half and nuked for 5ish minutes. I took the rest of the sauce, celery & onions from the crockpot meal and blended them together with my immersion blender until smooth and then tossed in some store bought meatballs for a quick topper. My hubby and the kids had good ole spaghetti n’ meatballs for their dinner. I also had a side salad with a few roasted pecan halves and about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Kraft roasted red pepper dressing.



After dinner we went out and ran some errands including a trip to the health food store. Here's what I bought...



From left to right...Sahale Snack mix, unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, Enjoy Life Foods cranapple granola, unsweetened original Almond Breeze and milk & dark chocolate hot cocoa powder.

I'm now off to organize for the morning. The kids have PJ day tomorrow. For $1.00 they can wear their jamas to school. The money is going towards the United Way. I believe next Friday is "Chew gum in class" day. Remember getting caught for that as a kid? Haha!

Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Love witchy kitty!

    I really need to try that 10 grain cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious breakfast + spaghetti squash dinner+ cute “witchy” kitty + thoughtful co-worker = terrific Thursday :0)

    Haha, hooray for PJ Day tomorrow!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - The Enjoy Life products are amazing!! Love the cinnamon crunch granola that they make, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love almond breeze's chocolate flavor, but never tried it with oatmeal. I think I should mix my favorites together too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witchy kitty is too cute!


    MMMM...lemon tart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spaghetti squash, but can't convince my family to even TRY IT!

    Oh well! The meatballs are a nice touch though - I may have to make some and freeze them for my lunches.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!