Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Passing the Torch

Before I get into my eats and events for the day, I want to pass the Blogger’s Excellence Award along to my three blogs of choice. If you’ve been reading my blog you will know that the award was passed along to me by the fantastic Zesty Cook.



The first blog I want to “award” is Kath Eats Real Food. This is the first blog that I started to read over a year ago and was the inspiration behind starting my own blog. I love keeping up with Kath because there’s never a dull moment and she and her husband truly work as a team to create some delicious recipes! Once you start to read her blog you will become addicted!

My second choice is What I Ate Yesterday. Christie (aka Beadie) has been a great help to me along the way with encouragement and tips. She takes the time each day to leave me a comment and I always look forward to what she has to say. When you visit her blog, you will be met with gorgeous pictures of her eats and an honest, creative dialog.

And last, but certainly not least, I award Jenna over at Eat, Live, Run. Jenna is a down to earth, hard working gal who amazes me with every post at all that she accomplishes in a day. You won’t be disappointed when you checkout her blog and find out just what she bakes and cooks up each day! And if you like bananas, you must try this recipe!!

If you three gals would be so kind as to pass the torch along, I’m sure it would be much appreciated!

Now, on to my breakfast! I bought some frozen wild blueberries last night so I incorporated them into the mix!



-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-1/3 cup wild blueberries
-1 Tbsp of sugar free apricot preserves
-cinnamon



These blueberries are like little bursts of flavor with every bite! I do prefer fresh, but these will do in the colder months.

For my snack last night, I ate some more yogurt cheese all mixed up with a few spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. I really like the texture the yogurt gets once all the whey has drained out. It’s totally a cheap version of Greek yogurt!



I felt really strong on the treadmill today! When I got home I was frozen so I kept reminding myself that by the time I was done my run, I would appreciate the less then stellar weather outside. True to form, I wasn’t nearly as cold when I got back to my desk!

For lunch today, I finished off the last off my lentil & brown rice pilaf.



There’s just no way to take a pretty picture of these leftovers. I assure you that it was a flavorful lunch! About 3pm, I dug into this very LARGE honey Crisp apple. Seriously, this apple was so big it was like eating 2 apples! Heaven to my taste buds!



Tonight was swim night which equals crock pot night. I decided to make this recipe that I found on Zesty Cook’s blog. I intended to follow the ingredients to a tee, but soon realized that I was out of rosemary so I subbed in cumin.



The delectable smell that this baby spread through out my house was unbeatable! My cats must have been salivating all day at the wonderful scent! I served this with brown rice and steamed broccoli! What a hit!



I will most definitely be making this again...and again! Thanks, Zesty for a great dinner idea!

Check out the size of this cookie that my co-worker baked and brought in for us! It was HUGE! I ate about 1/2 of it and saved the rest for my hubby. It was really good...chalk full of raisins, nuts and seeds. One of these and a yogurt and you would have lunch! Thanks, D!! :)


I'm off to watch The Biggest Loser now. Enjoy the rest of the evening!

Bye for now!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWARD!!

    Mmm, I loooove those big-ass Honeycrisp apples, haha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god that cookie is making me so delicious.

    I love the idea of the blog award. Very sweet to recognize the other good blogs you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh that cookie is making me salivate!
    and what a GORGEOUS bowl you have that oatmeal in! very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 blogs are my favorites, specially Kath and Jenna were the first couple of blogs that I follow.

    And your blueberries oatmeal looks so funny, like chili beans :) (I thought only mine looks like that)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *blush*

    I must say, I feel honored to be classed with such lovely bloggers as Kath and Jenna. They are the ones that inspired my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of you to Award Beadie, Kath & Jenna the Excellence award. They're three favs of mine.

    How do you make yogurt cheese by the way? I always try to leave yogurt stuck to the sides of the container so the end of the week I can enjoy the creamy cheese-like texture, but short of that, I'm stumped!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!