Friday, October 31, 2008

Ghosts & Goblins

Okay! How about a witch and a combat guy?!

My sister kindly offered to come to my place this morning to get the kids ready in their Halloween costumes for school. This was a HUGE help to me and the kids really enjoyed her company. So, without further ado, I give you my ghoulies!


I think he was mid-blink!!



Here’s one of the fruit trays that I sent with the kids.


I bought a mini watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries & grapes and split it all between the 2 trays.

Breakfast this morning was quick, simple and delicious!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup quick cooking steel cut (Irish) oats
-1 Tbsp pumpkin butter
-sprinkle of maple flakes



I was disappointed in myself for not purchasing a Halloween themed bowl, so I had to make do with the fish. But the oats were definitely NOT disappointing! Gosh, do I love my oats!

The morning flew by. We started to pack up some of the stuff from our work stations in anticipation of our move and then there was a meeting at 11am. Look what I found on my desk!



From the meeting we moved on to the annual Halloween potluck lunch. Our department always pitches in some cash for the lunch. Today we donated meatballs and garlic bread. Here’s my plate:



Clockwise from the meatballs….lazy cabbage rolls, curry chicken pinwheel, potato salad, strawberries, shrimp, piece of dessert, cheese crackers. And that’s coleslaw in the middle. I also sipped on a pumpkin spice tea.



I find more often than not I’m let down with the choices at potluck. Today’s spread, while impressive, had no fruit or veggies. It was all very carby stuff. I’d say the stuff on my plate was about as healthy as it got. There was also a few boxes of pizza, some store bought salads, big ass bagels, and LOTS of bread. Good thing I brought a container of fruit that was leftover from the kid’s platters! Now, dessert is something that is never a let down for me! Here are my choices:


A sliver of cherry tart and a (second )chocolate/butterscotch bar. Delicious!

Here's the fruit I brought. I only ended up eating a bit of it this afternoon. The rest was finished with dinner...


And here are 2 of my co-workers. A matador (she sits beside me) and a very nerdy cable guy! Good for them for totally getting into the spirit of things!




The afternoon continued on at a pretty decent clip. And I stayed out of the candy dish! PHEW! Supper tonight was quick and easy because I had to re-apply the kids make up and get them back in their costumes. I made an omlette with 1/2 a cup of egg beaters and put some steamed asparagus on the side. There's salsa hanging out inside the omlette...



I also had a Pear & Goat Cheese Tartlet....not that I needed it, but I couldn't resist!

So, the kids and I spent an hour and a half trick or treating! The weather was So nice that we just kept going! But man....have we got candy! We ended up with 4 BAGS worth! Check it out! This is only one pile!



Oh, boy! Am I in trouble! I already ate 6 little chocolate bars! Well, I think a run on the treadmill is in order here! I usually end up feeling motivated when I've missed a few days, plus I think the fresh air has invigorated me (and all my chocolate consumption is weighing on my mind)! I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow! Have a fantastic night!

Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The kids got some amazing loot! People give chips? This is news to me but sort of a nice/different idea! The kids look awesome in their costumes! And I love your fish bowl- too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was 10 years old so I can have paint on my face too!^_^
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha did you see the episode of the "office" this wednesday? your coworkers remind me of that. and your kids are TOO cute. this was a really fun post to read :) happy post-halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha the costumes are GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!