Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner Day

I slept in until 8:30am this morning. Yikes! When I sleep that long I feel like I've lost half the day. And I was "hungry like a wolf" to boot! The first thing I did was make a nice filling bowl of oats.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-2 Tbsp dried fruit trail mix
-2 Tbsp Sahale walnut snack mix
-cinnamon




This meal hit the spot as well as being extremely tasty and way up there on the texture scale!

I did a lot of experimenting with my new camera. I don't think I have it completely figured out yet. Please bear with my clumsy picture's for a little bit, OK?! I took some shots out at the farm today because the trees are just gorgeous!



I could stare out into the forest forever when it looks this pretty. Oh! And I had a very small piece of pumpkin pie with my tea!



On the way home, I munched on an apple because I had a run planned and wanted a small snack so I didn't get hungry while on the treadmill. I ended up running just about 3.5 miles in 40 minutes. I kept a steady, comfortable pace because my legs were still a bit tired from my 10K on Friday.

By the time I was done my run, showered and dressed with my face on, it was 2pm. I didn't want to eat too much because we were having Thanksgiving dinner at my Mom's and they eat very early (4:30pm), but I knew that I needed some protein in my system. I decided to make 1/3 cup of egg whites in the microwave which I put on an English muffin that had been spread with some smoked Gouda cheese.



This guy was a monster and delicious! My son was on the ice from 3-4pm today so I went to watch. It was very warm outside today....much warmer than usual for this time of year so the rink felt extra cold! BRRR!! But I love to watch him so it was worth a bit of discomfort.

From hockey, we went directly to Mom's place and arrived just in time to sit down and eat. Here's my plate...



-chicken supreme
-asparagus
-cheesy mashed potatoes
-salad
-and there's a bun hiding out there, too.

What a great meal! For dessert there was 2 types of pie...pumpkin and dutch apple. I had a sliver of each.



And then I went back for another sliver of the apple which was fantastic! I gotta tell ya...one good thing about eating a bigger meal than I'm used to is that it kept me so full that I didn't even think about a night time snack! After dinner Mom, my sister, DD and I all went for a nice 30 minute walk to help with digestion. It was a beautiful night, too!

Well, I'm posting this much later than usual...10pm! I had some issues with transferring the picture's from my camera to the computer. I mickey moused it tonight, but I hope I've got it mastered by tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great night!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely Thanksgiving day and feast - hooray! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am officially jealous of your pie eating today! I want my Thanksgiving dessert now :o)

    The trees look gorgeous! Such a great photo - I think you're gettin' the hang of the camera quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The farm is so pretty!


    I think your pics look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!