Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fresh Bread and Swimming

I made myself a knock out bowl of almond butter & banana oats this morning. It was so good and creamy and I never wanted it to end! Mind you, I was quite full when it was gone! It certainly didn’t take rocket science to make this bowl!

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 small banana
-1 Tsp of almond butter
-lots of cinnamon



What a great way to start a rainy, cold morning! It took me from a good mood to a fantastic one!

For my snack last night I had a container of Fage with the last of the date & nut spread.



I adore Fage. It is such a treat especially since it isn’t sold anywhere in Canada. (I actually emailed the company to ask and I certainly didn’t get the answer I’d hoped for!!) I am SO jealous of all you lucky people that have it at your finger tips!

As I mentioned last night, my husband made a loaf of bread in the bread maker. By 9:30pm, my house smelled like a bakery! I was so glad that by the time it was done and properly cooled, I was asleep. The smell of that baby was just screaming for some butter and jam slathered over it! I only buy whole wheat bread for the family, but he usually makes white in the machine. I was pleasantly surprise to see this morning that he made whole wheat! Yeah, Hubby!! I ate a small hunk this morning to taste, but here’s a picture of the actual loaf….I thought it more appealing than just a little piece!



I got my lunch run in today. It got me loose and limber like always! We received some good news at work today! The gym is scheduled to open back up in the next few weeks. YEAH! That is very exciting! Every fall/winter we have a yoga instructor come in Wednesday’s to teach a class. I hope they can still offer the class this year.

Lunch was a mish mash of things again. I brought the leftover veggies from last night’s dinner. This was about a cup’s worth and even tastier than last night!



I also brought a Fage with honey, a pumpkin muffin and an apple. No photo’s because I don’t want to be boring anybody with repeats! I also sipped on a Stash pumpkin spice tea.

The kids started their swimming lessons tonight so dinner had to be quick because they’re in the pool at 6pm. I debated holding off their dinner until afterwards, which would have worked for my son because he’s in the water from 6-6:30 and was home before 7pm. My daughter, on the other hand is in the pool for a full hour so dinner for her at 7:15-7:30 is too late. I put a ham in the crock pot over the noon hour so it was ready to go at 4:30 when I got home from work. I made a ham sandwich using 1 slice of homemade bread, mango chutney, lettuce and, of course, ham.



I also tried the cashew cookie Lara Bar.



I enjoyed this flavor, but I still say that Cinnamon Bun is my all time best! YUM!

I’ve decided to buy myself a new camera. The one I’m using is at least 5 years old and doesn’t take good pictures anymore (as anymore reading this blog will know!). I’m looking at the Kodak Easy Share M8931S 8.1MP Digital camera. Does anybody have any experience with this camera? Right now I’m using a Canon Power Shot A75 3.2MP.

I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser now. I'll leave you all with some pictures of my little fish babies!



STARFISH FLOAT!



FRONT CRAWL!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous oats, bread, vegetables, and... OH MY GOODNESS I ATE THAT SAME FLAVOR OF LARABAR TODAY!! :0)

    Cute swimmers!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Krista - I love reading your blog. I get so into reading - I am disappointed when the post ends. The oatmeal looks amazing. However I have a question. What is fage? - I have never tried it before.

    Your blog is awesome!! I am going to stumble this post:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!