Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An Uneventful Day

I must say that today was lacking in the excitement department! Nothing wrong with that! It's nice to have days where I really don't have much to do.

I was chilly last night while watching Dancing With The Stars so I made myself a Land o' Lakes Chocolate Raspberry hot chocolate. I loved this flavor! Delish!



About an hour later I had 1 serving of Kashi Sunshine cereal dry. (Something about me...I don't like milk in my cereal. I much prefer to eat it dry!) This cereal was nice and crunchy and had a corn pop type of flavor to it. Can't wait to use it as a yogurt topper!



I made a great bowl of oats this morning!

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 a small banana
-1/2 cup wild blueberries
-cinnamon
-1 Tsp almond butter



I LOVE this combination for the taste and the pure fact that it keeps my belly happy for hours! :)

The kids and I had an unpleasant surprise when we went out to our van. Some punk had broken in and emptied the contents of the glove box and console all over the place. Nothing was stolen....my son's gameboy, movies and 2 DVD's were in there...so robbery wasn't the motive. Just somebody being dumb! I must have inadvertently left the doors unlocked. Grrr!!

My morning went zooming by because I was in a meeting for the first 3.5 hours of it. By the time we got out it was pert near lunch time! A lot got accomplished, though, so it was very productive! I had another great run at lunch! I challenged myself with some faster speeds at different intervals. I find that makes the 30 minutes go by really fast.

For lunch I had...you guessed it! Leftovers. I think they are gone now. Today's mix and match was an al fresco buffalo style chicken sausage, sweet potato fries, broccoli & cauliflower. I really like these sausages. I can hardly wait to go back and get some other flavors!



I also ate an apple and a little later a scoop of stewed pears. The picture woulda been the same as yesterday so I didn't take another...

For dinner I tried this recipe from Family Circle. The only thing I changed was peas for the green beans because that's what I had on hand.



I'm sad to report that none of us was really thrilled with this recipe. It was suppose to thicken up by the end, but mine stayed pretty soupy and I had to add a cornstarch mix to it to help it along. It was kinda bland in the flavor department, too. Ugh! It wasn't gross or anything and it didn't take very long to make which is a plus....we just weren't digging it!

Next, I tried a new blueberry muffin recipe from Hungry Girl.

Here they are going in the oven. I know it's a bit blurry, but it was hot and I wanted to show how full the muffin tin was!



I was freaked out that they were gonna blow over! I made sure to place them on a cookie sheet just in case! Everything ended up being OK! They are monster sized!!



Once they cool down I will be taste testing. A review to come tomorrow. As for the rest of tonight, my goal is to have the kids tucked in by 8pm, watch the first hour of the biggest loser while trying a muffin an then watching the second half while walking on the treadmill. This may sound a little odd so let me explain. My house is a 3 story with the treadmill on the bottom floor. If I go on it at 8, my kids will just goof off because they know I can't hear them. Waiting until 9 ensures that they have fallen asleep and I can walk worry free! Oh, the balance of it all!

Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. So many yummy recipes! Your oatmeal looks amazing! Sorry about the car incident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the oats, muffins, and leftovers! :0)

    Oh my goodness, so sorry about the car theft - that's terrible!! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one in the world that doesn't like the raspberry chocolate combo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved the oats recipe .. thatz quite a yummy combo N those muffins look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sunshine cereal but I do prefer it dry as to mixed in because it losses its flavor! I am with the other christie i dont prefer rasberry and choc.. weird i know!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!