Thursday, September 18, 2008

Munchie Monster

I had a great walk with my parents last night! The temperature outside was perfect for a comfortable 5km. When I got back I made a coffee and ate a slice of whole wheat bread with date & nut spread and one oatmeal cookie. I didn’t takes pictures because I posted the same thing (aside from the cookie) the other day.

I decided last night that I have to start using up the pears I brought home from my parents over the weekend, so I chopped one up into my oats this morning….

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1 Tbsp wheat berries
-1 small ripe pear
- cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp almond butter



Not bad! I am still loving the almond butter in the oats! The flax seed porridge has so much going on that it feels like a party in my mouth! Yipee!

For some reason, around 10:30am the munchie monster struck full force! I don’t know what was up with that! I tried going for a little jaunt around the office to distract myself but it didn’t work! I finally broke down and ate my Curves bar...



And then a few chocolates from the office candy bowl...



My co-worker received another basket of flowers today. Lucky chick!



No lunch run for me today. I had too many things to do for my U.S. shopping trip tomorrow. I drove down to the bank and exchanged funds for me and my Mom and then hit the health food store. I bought another bag of Flax Seed Porridge and 2 Lara Bars to keep in my purse for any snack attacks I may get while shopping tomorrow. I got a cinnamon roll and a pecan pie. They sound really good so I can’t wait to try them!



I plan on packing an apple or two as well. Lunch was actually quite boring today...left over rice & peas. Looked great when I packed it on a full stomach last night! Oh, well…it did the trick!



I also had a plate of mixed fruit from the staff kitchen to go with it. There’s cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, watermelon & grapes. A very refreshing end to a bland start!



I ate my apple at around 3:30pm. I also snagged a chocolate cookie from a tray of sweets in the staff kitchen which I pretty much inhaled before my poor camera had a chance! I’m not sure why I’ve been feeling hungry more than usual today. Maybe it’s the fact that because of this cold I haven’t really had a good night’s sleep in a week.



I made tilapia and a vegetable "ragu" type base. I dressed the fish up with some McCormick salmon spice and cooked it in a pan with a little butter. I'll try to remember everything I put into the veggie side.

Vegetable Ragu

-1 medium carrot, sliced
-1 garlic clove
-1/2 cup sliced zucchini
-1/4 cup onion
-a few mushrooms, sliced
-a small tomato, chopped
-1/3 cup of Hunt's fire roasted tomato's
-2 Tbsp chopped roasted red pepper strips
-1 Tbsp fresh basil/parsley
-S & P

Pour a quarter cup of water in the frying pan. Add carrot, garlic, zucchini, onion, mushrooms and tomato and S & P. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add fire roasted tomato, red pepper strips & herbs. Cook another 5 minutes. Serves 2.



This dish turned out SO much better than i had anticipated! Pat on the back for me on this one! I have enough left over for another meal, too. Bonus! I just love throwing whatever I have on hand in a pot and having it turn out spectacular! I made some chocolate pudding for dessert from a Jello single serve package and 1/2 a cup of skim milk. Yum-O!



After dinner my daughter and I hit the library and then the grocery store. I got a lot accomplished today and that feels good!

I will be posting tomorrow, but it will be later as I'm not expecting to be back from the States until at least 9pm. Wish me happy shopping! :)

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. That flax porridge looks good! I love the cinnamon roll LaraBars!

    I also love peas and rice with teriyaki sauce. Maybe that would make them less boring for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ragu sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!