Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Smooth Day

This morning was one that I definitely would have liked to have devoted a wee bit more “under the comfy covers” time to! It was raining again and I was so comfortable and warm! But alas, there is always much to do and once I’m up and showered, sleeping is the last thing on my mind!

Today’s breakfast was one of those bowls that I was sad to see the end of. It had the perfect mix of chewy and creamy.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-1/2 cup blueberries
-splash of vanilla hemp milk
-dash of cinnamon



It was nice and thick which is how I like my oats best! Yesterday’s bowl was a little too soupy for me. I should mention that every morning I make a big travel mug of green tea for the road. I don’t photograph it because it would be the same thing everyday (and my cup is ugly!)

My lunch run today was AWE-SOME!! I must have had some serious built up energy because I felt like I could have run forever. I was playing with the speed as I went along today so I ran a little more than 3miles (5km) in 30 minutes. Did I ever feel revived!!

Today’s lunch was the rest of last night’s asparagus and some Baked Tofu. I love the texture of tofu once it’s been baked! It reminds me of mozzarella cheese. I also packed a blueberry Vita Muffin which I ate around 11a.m. and a pear.





I brought a box of chocolate bars to the office today to see if I could sell some. Well, of course they were calling my name ALL day! I could hear them from down the hall… ”Krista, Krista, you know you want me!” So at 2p.m. I went down to the kitchen, walked right by the chocolate and bought myself a small hot chocolate from the coffee machine. Cured my chocolate craving and the little voices finally stopped!



For dinner tonight I tried a new recipe from Chatelaine called Moroccan Braised Chicken with Zucchini. I only made one change/omission. I had to leave out the raisins and apricots which is a shame because I think they would have been great additions. Unfortunately, my daughter hates raisins and anything resembling raisins. So great is her dislike that picking them out is not even an option for her! I've had to alter many a recipe due to this aversion! The only other change was Agave for the honey/brown sugar.



This dinner was superb! The boys had theirs over whole wheat pasta and the girls had theirs over quinoa. This is a dish that you will see more of in the future! YUM-O!!
My dessert tonight was berries...strawberries, raspberries & blueberries... over fat free vanilla pudding. I’m feeling the pressure to eat as many fresh berries as possible because the season for them is almost over. Then I’ll be back into frozen fruit in oats and baked items! I quickly made the pudding using a half cup of skim milk and a Jello single serve pack that I got when I was in in the States last.



And here's my bowl of pleasure!



After dinner I put some video's on the TV and hopped on the treadmill for an hour long walk. I'm just a machine today! I still have to make lunches and my breakfast for tomorrow because my son has another early morning appointment. All in all, it was a pretty smooth ride today!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great run!

    That dinner looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!