Thursday, September 11, 2008

Self Motivation

Today was all about self motivation for me. It started as soon as I woke up. I really didn't want to get up. I was up until midnight last night by my own doing. I got caught up in TV show after show. Needless to say, I was tired at 6:30am. I had to keep telling myself that I would be wide awake after a shower. I'm sure the fact that it was a work day had something to do with it, too!

My snack last night included 2 items...a oatmeal cinnamon All Bran bar....



and a homemade green tea latte....



This was so, so good! It's a spin off from a Hungry Girl recipe. This is my version.

-1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze
-1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup water
-2 tsp sugar free French vanilla coffee mate powder
-1 tsp Matcha powder
-1 tsp agave
-2 Tbsp Da Vinci Dulce du Leche syrup

**on stove top, heat 1/4 cup water and incorporate coffee mate & Matcha powder, stirring until dissolved.
**add all other ingredients and bring to a light boil while stirring constantly.
**when it starts to froth, remove from heat and pour into a 16oz mug. Enjoy

Breakfast today was a hodge podge of things. I just kind of tossed stuff in the pot!

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup oat bran
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-1/4 cup vanilla hemp milk
-2 Tbsp banana mandarin baby food



I ran out of fresh berries! I definitely missed them in my bowl this morning! I actually didn't eat a morning snack today! I was so busy that by the time I looked at the clock it was 11:30am. I did have a small handful of chocolates from the office candy bowl, though....



My lunch run today turned out to be....a struggle. I DID NOT want to get on that treadmill today. All the way home (a whole 2 minute drive), I battled with myself. I finally decided to just get on and run at a slower speed. Once I walked through the front door I told the cats that I DID NOT want to get on that stupid thing. But I dragged my ass up the stairs to change. On the way down I found all these little things to do....go through the mail, open the kitchen window, put some laundry in the dryer, empty the dehumidifier...I finally got on and started my run. All in all, I ended up getting it done....even though I had to cut it 5 minutes short because of all my lolly gagging! And I was glad that I did, just like I told myself I would be. :)

Lunch today was the rest of my baked tofu from the other day. I popped half of it in an English muffin with lettuce and mustard and ate the rest on it's own. I have to admit, while it tasted good, it wasn't the best lunch ever. I was lazy last night when it came to packing something to eat. It did fill me up, though, so I guess that's what counts! I also ate a blueberry Vita Muffin. That was yummy!





My hand kept wanting to wander over to the office candy bowl this afternoon. I can usually bi-pass the candy bowl, but there's chocolate in there today! I managed to talk myself out of it until home time...phew! Knowing that my run wasn't up to par helped keep me away! At 4:30 I munched on some sweet melon.....that helped, too!



After avoiding the chocolate monster at work, look at what I came home to!



Can you believe it?? Neither can I. There are 29 boxes/bars of chocolate in there that is for a school fundraiser. I swear, someone is out to get me!

I made a stir fry for dinner tonight. It was an idea from a Kraft "What's Cooking" magazine mix n' match recipe. I chopped up 1 each red, yellow, orange sweet pepper and 1 onion and sauteed them in a large frying pan for about 10 minutes. While the veggies were doing their thing, I thinly sliced a piece of marinating steak and doused it with a bit of soy sauce. I let that sit about 5 minutes then combined everything in the pan with a 1/4 cup of Kraft roasted red pepper salad dressing and brought it to a boil. I served it over Uncle Ben's brown rice. Lip smacking good!!



"Dessert" was a Kraft Live Active Blueberry Almond bar.



I'm sure I'll end up having a snack later, but I can promise that it won't be chocolate! I have to go get everything ready for tomorrow because "So you think you can dance-Canada" starts tonight at 8pm and I must watch it! (I love the American one).

Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on doing the run anyway. You did great!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today, it means so much to me that I am understood!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!