Thursday, September 25, 2008

Smelly Tar

I was rudely awakened this morning by fire truck sirens at 5am. Ugh! This is practically still the middle of the night for me. I found out when I arrived at work that the fire was actually at my office building! Can you imagine? There have been renovations happening all summer and most recently they have been tarring the roof(oh, think stink!). I guess something or other was smoking up there. I don't believe there was much, if any, damage.

I have a snack confession to make. I ate way too much last night. :( I was full after my pizza, but by 9pm I was ravenous! I started off with a muffin (no photo), then a half cup of plain fat free yogurt with a dollop of date & walnut spread and then I ate a cookie (no photo).



I am so embarrassed, but I had to 'fess up. Looking back at what I ate during the day, I realized that I really hadn't had any protein. BIG mistake! Lesson learned!

I made a lip smacking bowl of oats today. They had my perfect consistency to them.

-3/4 cup water
-1/4 cup skim milk (the last of the carton)
-1 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-1/4 of a banana (leftover piece from my hubby's smoothie)
-1/3 cup blueberries
-cinnamon



My computer at work quit on me today! I'd been having some issues this past week with it shutting down on me unexpectedly and today it just gave up the ghost. Apparently the power source was fried. :( Too bad because I lost some files and a folder with pictures in it. What a pain! This is the second tower to go on me in 2 years. I think I'm a jinx!


No lunch run today. My daughter ran in her second of three cross country meets so I took a bit of a late lunch and went to see her. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it because my van is in the shop getting winterized (yikes!!), but my very generous co-worker let me borrow her car. She ran well again today coming in 2 out of 60 girls in her age group. I am SO proud of her!! She was a wee bit cranky, though, because it's 26* Celsius out there and she does not like to feel too hot. Anyways, here she is about to cross the finish line!!



She didn't want me to post this cuz she says her tongue is sticking out. I managed to convince her that it's her "concentration" face! :)

Before I left I ate a President's Choice Oatmeal bagel with 1 Tbsp of almond butter and when I got back I dug into a blueberry muffin.



I ended up eating the muffin with a fork so I could continue working with crumb free hands!

The smell of tar was so potent throughout the day that I decided to put some nice smelling stuff in my travel mug today instead of plain water. First up in the a.m. was an envelope of apple cider.



This stuff was good, but a little too sweet to have very often. In the p.m. I had this Indian Spice Yogi Tea. My goodness, this stuff put a tingle on my tongue! There's no picture because I accidentally deleted it. Sniffing these temporarily solved the stink problem. Around 3:30 I dug into my stewed pears.



A sweet, healthy snack!!

I pulled a pork tenderloin out of the freezer today for dinner. I simply seasoned it with some steak spice and then grilled it on the BBQ for 15 minutes. Barbecuing the meat gives it such a nice crust. I let it sit for about 5 minutes before I sliced into it so the juices could do their thing. It turned out perfect!



I had a side of steamed broccoli on the side. I think the setting on my camera was different for this picture because it came our a little blurry. Sorry for that!



For dessert I had a small bowl of watermelon and 2 unphotographed chocolate cookies...



Weel, lunches are done, back packs are ready and the kids have been showered. This means I am

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, so sorry about the sirens from this morning, and about your computer at work :0(

    Congratulations to your daughter!! Fabulous!!

    Mmm, love the date & walnut spread, oatmeal, and stewed pears!!

    Enjoy your evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter!

    So many yummy foods in your post! Love the oatmeal in the fish bowl.

    I wish I could find some date and walnut spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have our days like that, don't let it getcha down!


    Pork tenderloin in one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!