Friday, September 26, 2008

Latte Friday!

Getting woken up at 5am yesterday really pooped me out! I was in bed by 9:30 pm last night! That's an hour and a half earlier than what I'm used to! I had a really good sleep, though.

I was starving when I woke up today so I made a dense bowl of oats to fill me up.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/4 cup stewed pears
-1/4 of a banana
-cinnamon



YUMMY! Oh, how I love thy oats!



I was mindful to have a small snack last night after my gorge the other night.




Half a cup fat free plain yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a 1/4 cup of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal.

My oats really did fill me up, but for some strange reason my tummy was talking rather loudly at 10:30am. I decided to listen and ate my blueberry muffin that I had packed.



I was satisfied after that until 2pm. Weird way for my appetite to work for that time frame in my day! Oh, well...sometimes you just have to roll with it!

No lunch run again today. I had to make a trip to my kids school to give my son his puffer. He doesn't have asthma in that he doesn't suffer from "attacks". He will become congested and have fits of coughing which happens usually in the spring and fall. He's been like this since he was 18 months old but the doctor thinks he will out grow it within the next year. Next summer he will undergo allergy testing because his issues seem to be more environmental than anything. This week has been particularly bad for him because he has a cold, too. He normally gets his puffers in the morning and before bed, as well as a Singular tablet, but today I felt that he would be in need of an extra boost by lunch. He was thrilled to see me in his classroom when he came in from recess! Cutie pie! Phew! That was a long winded explanation! I also went to Celebs to drop more clothes off for consignment and then to Planet Bean for a chai latte.





I didn't intend to take leftovers for lunch today, but my husband had divided dinner in to 2 containers so I just grabbed it. PLUS, it contained protein which is something I don't eat enough of. So here we go again....pork tenderloin with a side of broccoli.





It was actually just as good today. I don't think pork tenderloin can ever be "bad". I also ate a few jelly beans from the office candy dish...





Purple because it's my favorite color and green because I love the taste of spearmint.



My afternoon snack was a cup of honeydew melon from the office kitchen and an apple.




I ate these about 4pm and they did a good job holding me over to dinner. I find it hardest in the late afternoon to refrain from snacking. Not sure what it is that makes me feel like eating (hungry or not) between 3-5pm?

I baked off some tofu for my dinner tonight. I kept it simple...salt, pepper and a crust of whole seed mustard, then popped it in a 350* oven for 30 minutes. Here it is fresh out of the oven!





I paired it up with sauted zucchini, green & red peppers.



I really enjoy the texture of the tofu once it's been baked. It reminds me of fresh mozzarella. Actually, if I add it to stir fry's, soup or a salad, I pass it off as cheese and my son totally goes for it (my daughter knows the difference, but she's not a picky eater).


My sweet end was a chocolate chip All Bran bar. I didn't take a picture cuz you've all seen it before. After dinner my daughter and I went to the mall to wander around. They just opened a few new stores so that was fun to check out. I bought myself another latte. This one was a grande skinny pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.



Mmmm...my seasonal fave! While at the mall I also bought a new bar to try. I was on the hunt for Lara Bars, but the health food store was out (of course) so the sales girl recommended a bar called "Elevate Me". Here's the flavor I chose...



It's no Lara Bar, but not too shabby! The consistency is drier than a Lara Bar and I couldn't really taste the matcha green tea, but the cranberries were definitely there. Also, it comes in bar form but is perforated to form 3 pieces(I ate one section). The stat's are pretty decent...16g of protein, 7g fibre, whole dried fruits, whey protein isolate,gluten free and 230 calories for the whole bar. I took a picture, but it doesn't look very pretty!



Told ya! Haha! It really did taste pretty good. Anyone else try these?

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting new bar you found!

    You sure did have a busy day!

    Love the crust on the tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-delicious oats, muffin, broccoli, and apple - yum!!

    Oooh, those jelly beans are so vibrant!!

    NOTHING beats a Larabar, in my opinion :0)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!