Monday, December 8, 2008

I <3 My New Space!

It’s my week to start work at 8:30 but I knew we’d be busy unpacking in our new space so I went in a ½ hour early. I was a little tired because I stayed up until 11pm watching the SYTYCD Canada finale. I was SO happy with the outcome! Nico rocks!


-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain cereal
-1/2 mashed banana
-cinnamon
-trail mix


This bowl really filled me up! I was thinking that it made a large portion so I checked out the portion size on the bag. Low and behold, it’s a ¼ cup dry, not a 1/3! Duh! Next time I’ll make the proper size! No matter…I ate it all up!

As expected, I spent the first hour at work unpacking and organizing. I really like my new space! In our old area, there were no windows and now I have 2 HUGE ones beside me. What a treat! At my old job, the front of the building was all glass so when I started here it was nasty having no outside view. I tired to capture a good photo to share…..the bottom left is the corner of my desk and the windows go right up to the ceiling!


Here a shot of my work space….


There were also treats everywhere today! Timbits, chocolates and one lady brought in a tiramisu to try! She was using us as guinea pigs because she’s making the dish for Christmas Eve and wanted to do a test run first.


It was a little on the watery side compared to my Mom’s awesomeness, but the flavor was there and I enjoyed eating it!

My run started out a little shaky today. My joints were stiff, from the cold I think. By the time mile 1 was done, I was all warmed up and the rest of the run was great. I managed 3.32 miles in 35 minutes (with 1.5 mins of walking at either end).

Lunch today was a tasty sandwich. An English muffin, Sabra hummus, 1 slice of mortadella and some radicchio. Some people eat PB by the spoonful…I could seriously eat this hummus by the spoonful.


This beauty was all packed away in this snazzy Sponge Bob Tupperware….pilfered from the kids, of course! :)


Chicken was on the menu tonight for dinner. I got the idea for a sauce from Miss Tiffie's BSI recipe. I don't really have any specific measurements because I just kind of threw stuff in a bowl! I started out by browning 3 chicken breasts that I halved length wise. Once the juices ran clear, I transferred them to a plate and got to work stir frying some veggies. While they were doing their thing, I mixed about a 1/3 cup of apricot preserves, 3 garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp minced ginger, a 1/4 cup water, and dashes of cumin, Worcestershire sauce and Frank's Redhot sauce. I placed the chicken back in the pot,poured the apricot mixture on top and brought the whole thing up to a boil. I served it with a side of couscous. Here's the result;


V-E-R-Y good! My sweet end was a chocolate chip All Bran bar.


In a few minutes we are heading out o the kids school Annual Christmas Concert. I love attending the concert because the kids all do such a great job! You can totally tell by the looks on their faces and the way that they belt out the carols that they’re SO proud to be up there! DS especially loves to sing and you can usually hear his voice above all! I’ll be sure to relay all the details tomorrow.

Bye for now!!

6 comments:

  1. New office space + Tiramisu = PERFECT!!! :-D

    Have fun at the concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I hope you have so much fun at the concert!! The new space looks great! It is so wonderful to have windows in your office! I feel like it makes the day so much better!! I think Josh would like your breakfast cereal- I am going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new space looks so nice!
    I'm wondering how the 10 grains taste.... I guess it's chewy, right?

    Your dinner looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the concert! Love the lunchbox and your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute lunchbox and niiiiice work space! Windows definitely make things better :)

    Hummus and tiramisu = YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!