Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Introducing.....

Even though I fell prey to downloading music last night for MUCH longer than I had intended, I managed to bake my Christmas Day cheesecake. It took me a little longer to do because 1) I thought I had graham cracker crumbs, but they were actual crackers, so I had to grind them down and 2) my blender blew up months ago, which I forgot about so I had to pull out my food processor and 3) I was pretty busy boogieing to my new tunes! It all worked out in the end, though!!

I made a really tasty bowl of oats this morning! Well, they’re ALL tasty, but this one seemed to have some UMPF to it!

-1 cup water
-1/2 McCann’s Irish oats
-1 Tbsp pumpkin spice coffee powder
-cinnamon
-3 pecan halves, crumbled (I think this was the UMPF!)

I don’t normally have pecans around the house, but I bought some last night for the cheesecake topping so I figured…what the heck! They are one expensive nut, though!!!

Work was pretty uneventful today. There were even less people in than yesterday. Looking forward to being done at 2pm tomorrow!! Here’s my morning snack….

TAZO Refresh tea and another piece of carrot cake baked oatmeal.

DD and I watched videos today while I was on the treadmill. Seeing as I felt so energetic running yesterday, I bumped up the speed and managed 3.5 miles in my usual time frame. Not bad….for me, anyways!!

Lunch will look familiar to you…..

It’s last night’s dinner leftovers! Imagine that, eh?! I’m loving the edamame! I’ve had it before, but never made it myself. I didn’t realize how simple it was t prepare. You’ll be seeing more of this, for sure!

Mid afternoon I smuggled a cookie or 2…..they disappeared so fast that my camera didn’t stand a chance! Once my mouth got a taste of that sugar, it started truing to rule my brain so I quickly ate this apple to solve the problem!

Ah…nothing like natural sugar!

I was excited for work to be done today because I had a special trip to make before I went home. If you’re curious, you can skip ahead over dinner to see what (or who) I’m talking about!! :)

So yes, dinner...well, it was a quick one because I arrived home later than usual! I made spaghetti and meatballs (store bought) for the fam and whipped up a third cup of egg whites for me. I put them on an Arnold Thin with Sabra hummus & whipped cottage cheese. A small salad with the last of the hummus went on the side.

I ate 2 chocolate bells for my sweet end, but my camera was being used so no pic!

On to the BIG announcement!! After much begging and pleading and groveling on my part, my hubby finally gave in and let me adopt another kitten!! WAHOO!!! So, with further ado, I introduce you to Pepper...

I had thought to call him Cinnamon, but when I picked him up they told me his name was Pepper and I decided that it suit him perfectly!

He was born Sept 15 and his whole litter was surrendered to the Humane Society. Out of 6 of them, there was still one left.

He's a spunky little man and I do believe that he will be the perfect match for my other two boys. Right now, Charlie and Octavius are sulking in the rec room, but they'll come around!

I hope you enjoyed the picture's of Pepper. I'm sure there will be more to come! As for me, I'm off to play with him a bit, get a few more things ready for Christmas Day and wrap the last of the presents. Enjoy the night!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Aww PEPPER. SO CUTE. Perfect family addition just in time for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWW so cute! How exciting! What a wonderful Christmas music. What new tunes did you get last night? Work was SO quiet

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGGG what a cute new little baby!! I LOVE when little kittens just fall asleep every other second :D haha like the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepper is absolutely gorgeous!!! Kittens are sooo cute ............ I would love a kitten but I think my dog would be a bit miffed! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pepper is too cute :) love him! have a great christmas with the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, he is SNUGGLY! How adorable! I know you will enjoy snuggling with him when it's cold outside :)

    I totally understand the excitement over downloading music. I get soooo excited when I'm beebopping to new music!! Have a blast!!

    Have an amazing holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AW - cute kitty!

    That dinner you had is all kinds of yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new family addition. Pepper is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! Pepper is really super cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, how exciting!!!! new additions to the family are great! i'm still adjusting to our new doggie...:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE!! I seriously want a kitty soo badly after seeing so many on blogs! Pepper is such a great name - how very foodie appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wwwwwwwwoooooooooooo your kitty is a real cutty!!!! Looking forward to see more pic of him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I want to steal your kitty! SOOOO cute. I expect regular appearances on the blog, so we can see him grow up :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!