Friday, January 9, 2009

A Short Work Day

There was another pile of snow out there when I got out of bed this morning! Actually, when I’m all warm and toasty inside, it looks very pretty!

I bought this new creamy coconut spread last night at Market Fresh and it is to die for.

It’s really creamy with loads of shredded coconut blended in. It made by a company called “Reserva De Minas Natural Foods”. I’ve never heard of this place before, but they are most definitely on my radar now! If your guys ever come across this brand, you must give it a try!


A tablespoon of this delight is only 60 calories, to boot!!

You just know it went into my breakfast today!!! :)

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Bob’s Redmill 10 grain cereal
-1 Tbsp creamy coconut yumminess


Dinner last night was a Lean Cuisine meal. I had ½ an hour to get home, get organized, eat, and out the door and this Asian Citrus Wild Salmon did the trick!


Skating lessons went very well last night. I picked up a wicked new latte flavour at 7-11 on the way. Blueberry Tea Latte!


OMG…..I loved it! Too tasty. If you’re near a 7-11, go buy yourself one! By the time skating was over, groceries were done and put away and lunches were made, it was pert near 9pm. I grabbed a z-bar and sat down to watch Law and Order:SVU. After that, I was off to dreamland!

Back to today! I made my through this bowl of fruit through out the day. A little in the morning, a little in the afternoon. I was so glad to have some fresh fruit in the house again!

Because I worked so much the first 3 days of the week, I decided to use some of my lieu time and took this afternoon off work. My hubby was home today as his place of employment is down to a 4 day work week due to the economy. Blah. It's rare for us to get any time alone so we took the opportunity today to go out for lunch while the kids were at school. We both felt like Thai, so Thai it was!

Tea, anyone??

Hehe! You can see our reflections in the teapot! Gotta love the retro tables! I started with fresh shrimp rolls. I adore shrimp rolls. They have such a burst of wonderful flavour thanks to the mint leaves. Whenever we go for Thai, I always start with an order of these. At the top of the photo, you'll see my hubby's fried shrimp rolls.

I picked another favourite for my main dish...Mango salad! This time, I added shrimp for some protein.


Awesome. There is just no other words to describe this! I almost finished the whole plate, but some ended up coming home with me.

From there we ran a few errands and then it was time to grab the kids from school. I had to make a trip to Best Buy (which is a 1/2 hour away) because my USB cable for my camera decided it didn't want to fit all the way in it's little slot anymore. After waiting 45 minutes for them while they "tried" to find another cable, I was told that the camera would have to be sent out for repair. UGH! Thank God I bought the warranty on it so it won't cost me anything except the loss of my camera for 3-4 weeks. BOHOO! I guess that is my warning to all of you that you are about to see some crappy food picture's because I'm back to using old Bessy for a few weeks. At least she works!

It was 5:30 by the time we finally got home so I whipped out this meal by Archer Farms that I picked up while at Target before the holiday's.

This is what the fam ate. I had a pouch of this tuna....

with a side a veggies.

Two (blurry) medjool dates stuffed with almond butter rounded out the meal for me.



My hubby's birthday is Monday and he's requested lasagna, caesar salad and Caramel Pecan cheesecake for his special dinner. We'll be celebrating tomorrow night so after I publish this post, I'm going to get the cheesecake and sauce made. I'll tackle the lasagna first thing tomorrow morning so that it's ready to pop in the oven when we get home from the charity hockey game. While the cheesecake is in the oven, I plan to do some form of cardio for at least a 1/2 hour....probably in the form of a Wii game.

My guest blogger will be featured tomorrow, as well, so be sure to pop back over to check it out! Enjoy your Friday night!!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. That coconut, those stuffed dates... holy yum!!

    I ADORE your teapot!! I collect them :-)

    Can't wait for the guest blog post!! So fun!!

    Enjoy your night, Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owww a guest blogger? I can't wait!

    That coconut spread sounds really interesting! I will have to keep an eye out! For such a yummy creamy treat- I thought it was going to have a lot of calories!

    Glad you had an easier day today, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy early bday to the hubby! the menu sounds delish for his big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun cooking the cheesecake!! Bummer about the Best Buy and camera situation - Old Bessey is doing fine so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of snow :)

    happy bday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spring rolls look so good! I am very intrigued by that coconut spread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I even have to say that I am envious of the creamy coconut excellence? I'm sure I will never find it, but I'll be looking!

    Thai food = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHH SHRIMP! i love love love shrimp!
    the coconut delight looks incredible
    almond butter stuffed dates have to to be one of the best desserts out there :D
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy snow! I love Thai food. Happy early B-day to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fresh shrimp roll looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that coconut spread looks so good! i love all things coconut esp those darn pina coladas!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!