Saturday, January 17, 2009

Monster Trucks!!!!

Hi All!!

Today's post will be on the short side because we're leaving around 5 for the big city (Toronto) to see Monster Trucks! We took DS for his birthday last year and had a great time, so we decided to go again. Luckily, it's only an hour's drive from our door to the Roger's Centre in downtown T.O., but we're leaving early to find some decent parking. Last year, our parking spot was a half hour walk away. No joke and it was just as cold as it is today!

Anyways, Marianne was kind enough to point out the the picture from my trip to the health food store in yesterday's post was MIA. Not sure what I did there, but it seems to be gone from my folder so I can't even re-post it! :(

I was out cold last night by 10pm. That's early for me! I guess all that shopping DD and I did at Old Navy wore me out! I found 2 great yoga outfits for Pilates for dirt cheap! Here they are;


I thought they were pretty cute! We toured the mall for awhile, but I managed to restrain from buying anything thing else. I did, of course, stop for a FREE Starbuck's on the way out! I found a freebie coupon in one of my magazine's for one of their new TAZO infusion blends. I tried the Vanilla Rooibos Latte. Unfortunately, I have no picture. I didn't bring Old Bessy with me because she is just too clunky to carry around! It was pretty good, though. I'd certainly buy another one!

I made a hearty bowl of oats to eat before I started the housework this morning!

-1/2 cup oat milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-1/2 mashed banana
-1 Tbsp raisins
-1 Tbsp pecan pieces
-cinnamon

This bowl was SO good, just like banana bread, and took me forever to eat! I love the weekends for not having to rush through my breakfast! I might've been prolonging the housework, too! :)

Pepper had an appointment at the vet at 10am for his second round of booster's. He still has a clean bill of health but was none too happy about the poking an prodding that he received! Poor baby!

Doesn't he look sad? He now weighs a whopping 3.4lbs. Cute little runt!

I had a the classic soup n sandwich deal for lunch. I warmed up a serving of my bean soup and sprinkled it with some mozzarella. For the sandwich part, I toasted an Arnold Thin and smeared it with Sabra hummus and topped it with a piece of deli meat chicken.

"Dessert" was a piece of dark chocolate that I bought at Laura Secord last night...

Darn flash! I'm not sure how we are going to handle supper yet. Something will get figured out, though. Maybe we'll bring Subway along to eat on the way.

I've got about a 1/2 hour to do some blog reading, and then I need to hit the shower. I hope you all enjoy your Saturday night! See ya tomorrow with a Monster Truck re-cap and what we ended up doing about dinner!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice workout tops - I didn't even know Old Navy sold that stuff. I obviously don't go in there very often. And are those skates I see in the Pepper picture? :D Kitties & skates! Awesome! Have a fun time at Monster Trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some good yoga outfits at the Old Navy! Very cute. Hiya pepper- you are such a sweetie muah! Your lunch today is such a great lunch combo! Have fun tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for cute workout gear and for Pepper being healthy!! :-)

    Have fun at the Monster Truck show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally jealous of your new yoga outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! i love the new outfits...

    have fun at the show! monster trucks are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm banana bread oats! yum. cute pilates outfits!
    oh and your kitty is so cute, look at those adorable eyes!
    have a great day & enjoy monster trucking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new workout outfits. A lot of people in blog land have been getting good deals at Old Navy. I need to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love Old Navy ... they always have such great sales ... nice picks!

    Have fun Monster Truckin-ing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Navy! Clearly I have quite the obsession with the place. I miiiight have to go back in the near future, they had some really great workout clothing! I'm hoping it will all go on sale even more soon though, since their stuff seems to go on sale so fast haha

    Hope you had an awesome time at the Monster Trucks today, that sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea Old Navy sold such cute workout gear! I'll have to check them out. Those tops are adorable. Hope you enjoyed the monster trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice buys and good to know the new Starbucks drinks are alright!

    Have fun in the big city today :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!