Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back in the Gym!

I actually woke up without too much of a struggle this morning! Most likely because I was stoked to wake DS up so that I could sing happy birthday to him! My baby is 7 YEARS OLD today! AHHHH!! Where does the time go? Here he is, then & now;

Winter 2002

Winter 2008
I whipped up a pot of my gingerbread oats this morning and it was divine. For an extra touch, I crumbled a piece of gingersnap cookie on top.

I wish I had another bowl of this right now.

If you’ve been reading along then you know that I killed my appetite for supper last night with cookie tasting. Well, I started to get just a wee bit hungry around 8 so I figured I’d better make something or I’d be up all night hungry. I decided another bowl of oats was the way to go. Who says you can’t eat oats twice in a day?

This batch was comprised of 1 cup water, ½ cup flax seed porridge, 2 Tbsp egg whites, 2 big strawberries and 1 Tbsp of chopped pecans. This was just enough to satisfy my budding hunger without being too heavy of a meal for so close to bedtime.

Another thing that I was psyched about today was that our office gym opened up! WAHOO! I can’t even begin to relay my excitement over this. No more driving home means an extra 10 minutes of running for me! The treadmill I was on today is a new one, so I had to fiddle with the speed and a few other things, but I think I got what I needed. Here’s my awesome stats!!

Time: 45:00
Avg HR: 167
Max HR: 181
Calories Burned: 443
Distance: 4.49 miles


Those numbers put a HUGE smile on my face!!! One cool thing that I noticed was that my HRM was working with the treadmill. Cool! I'm not sure how that all works, but the console and my wrist watch were reading pretty darn close on my HR and calories burned. Before I ran I ate a Curves bar to stave off the hunger;

Lunch was Thai Fresh Herb Tuna served over some leftover veggies.

I’m working a getting that protein in!! I really, really love these tuna steaks. 30 seconds in the microwave and lunch (or dinner) is served! Can’t get much easier than that! :) I also ate this beautiful apple.

After plowing my way through a mountain of paperwork, I decided to eat my very last raspberry oatmeal muffin.

These were a hit in my house and I plan on making another batch sooner rather than later.

Take a look at all the snow that was on my van after work! This took almost 10 minutes to clean off. Grrr!!

When I got home, I got a pork tenderloin ready for the oven. I smeared it with whole Dijon mustard, oregano, basil S & P and a fine mist of olive oil. It baked for 45 minutes in a 375* oven. Perfection...

I served my portion up with some veggies and a small salad with Bountiful's Tuscon dressing on it;

I had let DS pick out an ice cream to have as his birthday dessert for tonight because we'll be doing the whole cake thing on Saturday. He picked Nestles soft serve Smartie. I had about a 1/2 cup as my sweet end.

There's no witnesses, but I may have also ate 3 PB sticks. Who can resist?! Obviously not moi! Anyways, I'm off t the pool for DD's swimming lesson. Ahh, relax time with my book! Hope everyone enjoys their evening!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DS!! :-)

    Same massive snowstorm here - stay safe!!

    Oh man, I used to LOVE Smarties - so fun that they're in the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Happy Birthday to your baby! Is that supposed to be a link at the top (the "here he is then & now"), I don't think its working :(. Yum for oatmeal 2 x in one day! Yayyyyy! Good job on getting the protein in...I seriously need to work on that! Have a great night with your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to DS!!!

    yah for the double oats day and the super workout!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smarties!! I always used to get those whenever I left the US!

    Happy Birthday to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SON!!!!!

    Great eats too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pork tenderloin...copy cat ;) And woohoo for your work gym being open. It's really cool that you even have a gym at work to use!

    Happy Birthday to the kidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so adorable! Happy Birthday!!

    I love that you topped gingerbread oats with gingersnap. That sounds so delicious!

    I'm now on a mission to eat oatmeal twice in one day. I think it would be glorious :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your DS! :)

    One of my daughters will be 7 in October.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW!!

    Happy Birthday to DS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday to ds!
    the pork tenderloin looks great-- it used to be one of my favorite proteins in the meat eating days
    hope yyou have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!