Thursday, April 8, 2010

I’m Golden!

Hi guys! Hope you’re all doing well. I woke up with a nasty headache this morning. Ugh. I think I let myself get dehydrated last night which is never a good thing. No post for me yesterday because I was busy hosting a gold exchange at my place last night! What a BLAST that turned out to be. If you’ve never heard of such a thing, basically you get all your buds to come to your place with all their unused, unwanted gold. I had a jeweller at my place all set to trade said gold for cash. Depending on what you have to trade, this can be very lucrative. One lady walked out with $1100.00!!! The perk of having this at my place was that I received 10% of the total sales. Let’s just say I cashed in big time! WOOT!

How ‘bout we get to some eats here? Prepared to be shocked because I did not eat oats for breakfast yesterday. GASP! Instead, I ate this Hungry Girl inspired egg “dish”: IMG_1110
I scrambled a ½ cup of Egg Beaters then dropped pieces of a LC cheese wedge in near the end. Bringing up the side was 2 pieces of toasted 12 grain bread from the bakery. This was delicious and kept me full as long as my oats do. You know, although I love oats I think the main reason they make an appearance everyday is that I know that the meal will stick to my ribs like no other. Slowly, I am finding other food to be just as satiating so I’ll be shaking up the normal morning routine here and there.

I skipped the gym to go home and prep the house for the party. Cleaning everything while the kids are there is usually counter productive. HA! Before going home I late a light snack to get me through to lunch…a Special K pretzel granola bar: IMG_1112
DS loves these and I have to agree that although small, they are good!

Lunch was eaten at my desk when I got back to work. I made a big, yet sparse, salad….1 head of romaine lettuce, cucumber and tuna with Japanese Ginger dressing: IMG_1113
Then I ate some fruit leftover from a meeting at the office. IMG_1111

Once home I recruited the kids to do some last minutes chore while I got dinner going. The fam had pasta and hard boiled eggs. I was too excited to feel hungry so I had a bowl of Fage with crushed pineapple and granola: IMG_1114
Some dinner, eh??? There was some chocolate, too! IMG_1116 Shortly after the girls started to arrive and we gossiped the whole 3hrs the jeweller was doing his thang. As I mentioned, nobody went home empty handed and the exchange was a huge success. My hubby and I finally sat down at 10pm and I was starving so I ate an unpictured bowl of Kashi U with USVAB. Yum!

This morning it was raining hard. I just keep telling myself that the last remnants of winter are being washed away! I had no time to make the kids lunches last night so I busted that out before getting a very quick bowl of oats in the microwave. IMG_1118
-2/3 cup water
-1/3 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain oats
-cinnamon
-crushed pineapple (about a ½ cup with juice)
-granola IMG_1117
Work was a little hectic today. Lots of data entry to do. Mid morning I avoided the free Mr. Munchy rabbit: IMG_1121
And opted for a brownie zbar instead! IMG_1120
Love. I washed that back with a Stash tea… IMG_1119

No gym again today because I had to meet DS’s hockey team’s manager at the bank to close out the account. We both needed to sign for it and it needed to be done by the end of the month so that’s that. I went home afterwards and ate a Dr. Kracker with some hummus spread on:

IMG_1122
When I got back to work I nuked my egg whites, toasted my Ezekiel English muffin, spread it with some strawberry jam and a LC cheese wedge and popped it altogether! IMG_1123

More fruit ensued, but from home this time! And orange and strawberries: IMG_1124

Dinner tonight was pork tenderloin done on the BBQ with some ginger wasabi sauce, corn and WW couscous: IMG_1125

A double chocolate biscotti with a side of cat was enjoyed after my meal…

IMG_1126

DD and I went for hair cuts (well, more like trims) after dinner and then we stopped at the grocery store for drinking boxes. I can’t ever leave only with whatever I went in for and found a few extra goodies. This is the one I was most excited about! IMG_1127

As soon as we got home I spread some on a pineapple oat bran muffin as a little treat. IMG_1128

This is by no means a good for you type of spread and I do not care. It was out of this world good and it’s not like I’m gonna eat the tub in a day…or week, even! Gotta live a little, right???

Off to watch Vampire Diaries!!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Glad the Gold party went well!!! Sounds like such a fun idea- and extra cool that you made some $$ in the process. A Special K pretzel bar? I've never seen these. Josh would LOVE them. And I want some of that honey pecan spread :) Happy almost weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hear that?

    ...yeah that!

    That's the honey pecan spread calling my NAME!!!!

    That egg white puff is massive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love leftover food from office meetings. hehee. your eggs look so fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of those gold parties--I think it'd be so fun to get everyone together AND make some serious cash! Haha. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I love scrambled eggs! And that Honey pecan spread ... :O I want that!

    Glad your exchange went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a massive egg white sandwich! I love it...and that breakfast for dinner. What kind of granola was that? It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that chocolate bunny reminded me of my last year binge fest that included an entire one of those in one sitting. 2000 calories, in a blink of an eye...

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm your food looks delightful! As always! The little spread at the end would be soooo good :D:D I agree...when it comes to food you have to live a litle!

    The gold exchange sounds like a great idea!SOunds like you came away with $$ :D No harm in that!

    and p.s not sure about where you live...but it's supposed to snow here today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool party. I've never heard of such a thing. I dont' think I do very well though, I don't have a lot of jewelery.

    I love how you were too excited to eat! I get so excited sometimes I get a stomach ace. Happens at Christmas, when we go to friends cottages...etc. Not all the time, less as I get older. haha..
    Have a great weekened Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is some major cash you must have made it out with! Never a bad thing ;)

    I love the way your egg whites turn out! They look so fluffy! I should try putting them in a coffee cup or something smaller so they come out thicker than when I put them in a bowl. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's egg dish + toasts has been my favorite savory breakfast combo for few months now! I love it~~~ isn't it great adding LC to eggs? it's just a magic combo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that spread looks and sounds amazing! Live it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!