Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lots of Strawberries

I totally meant to post last night but we ended up with company over and time ran out. Sheesh! Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was pretty decent. I’m on 8:30 start this week so I get to sleep in a wee bit. Nice! I’ll hop right along to the food so that this post doesn’t turn into a monster! IMG_1237
-1 cup water
-½ cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-granola
-kefir IMG_1236
No gym yesterday because a late morning start = a 12:30 lunch and yoga was in the gym. Boo! I took the opportunity to drop by the bakery to order DS’s cake for his Communion that’s on Sunday. But before that I munched on a homemade granola bar: IMG_1238 You can find the recipe for this right here. Then I went home to eat some lunch: IMG_1243
This is one cup of LF cottage cheese, pineapple jam and blueberries. Divine. I ate this on the deck while soaking up as much sun as possible. We live in a very mature neighbourhood and our yard is very private with lots of trees and plants so it’s very easy to imagine that I’m out in a country setting.

The afternoon was pretty slow, work wise. It’s nice to be able to go for a stroll around the block come 3pm break time now that the weather is smartening up. Nothing like some fresh air to perk you up, right? Before going home I snacked on the last of my Muscat grapes:

IMG_1244
These grapes rock! I usually prefer a crisp grape whereas these are on the soft side, but they’re sweet as can be. I dig that!

The FedEx man made a stop at my house yesterday which is always a really good sign! He brought me a box full of Dr. Kracker crackers and crisps thanks to Margaret. Check out how generous she was: IMG_1239 IMG_1240 IMG_1241 IMG_1242
I’ve bought the flatbreads before and loved them so I was eager to dig into all these treats. The fam and I had a total taste fest after dinner which was really fun. They all know that they’re welcome to any goodies that I am sent with the stipulation that they have to give me their honest feedback. I feel that my reviews are 100% + honest because I’ve got opinions from 3 sources; me, my hubby and the kids…and we all have very different taste buds! HA! You can be sure to see a review post go up in the next week or so.

Dinner was a simple affair; BBQ pork tenderloin, corn and quinoa: IMG_1245
Sweet end = dark chocolate with sea salt; IMG_1246
Insert company, an episode of Dirty Jobs (love Mike Rowe) and bed. Zzzzz…..

I woke up feeling refreshed after a great sleep. I didn’t realize how horrible I’ve been sleeping lately until this morning. I got to breakfast after getting everything ready for me and the kids. IMG_1248
-2/3 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-strawberries thawed with apple cinnamon honey
-kefir
-granola IMG_1248
I let the kids walk to school from our house this morning. Usually they leave from the babysitter which is a shorter walk but when I start work at 8:30 it’s no worth taking them to her house. They really only have to go out one street from where we live to a main road and cross once. I’ve confirmed that there is a crossing guard there. and that went a long way towards my peace of mind. Even though it about a 20min walk, they both enjoyed the freedom. *sigh*

Before hitting the gym today I noshed on a WCMN Luna bar: IMG_1249
While this was good, I think I prefer the WCMN Clif bar. This one didn’t seem to have as many nuts in it.

I chose the treadmill today as my workout companion and together we knocked out a sweaty 4.2mph, 7.5% incline walk!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 166
Max Hr: 182
Calories Torched: 495
Distance: 3 miles

I felt really jello-y after this so I know I wasn’t slacking!

Lunch was some leftovers that I found while rummaging around in the fridge; a spinach & feta turkey sausage and quinoa with some invisible wasabi ginger sauce on top. IMG_1250
My afternoon snack was a bowl of sliced strawberries: IMG_1251

The fam had to leave at 4pm to go to an out of town hockey game so I was on my own for dinner. I didn’t want anything heavy because Pilates was also tonight so I made some eggs. I used a 1/4 cup of egg white and a 1/4 cup of egg beaters and scrambled them with a LC cheese wedge. On the side was a WW toasted English muffin with some butter: IMG_1252

I saw it only fitting to serve my eggs on an egg shaped plate. :) When I got home from Pilates I had to fill up the tub, kettle and coffee pot with water because the city is shutting the neighbourhood down from 8pm – 6am for sewer maintenance. Fun stuff! Then I sat down with more fruit! IMG_1253

I can’t seem to get enough strawberries lately…hence the title of this post! I think I’ll end this here and settle in to watch The Biggest Loser. Any out of the ordinary plans this evening??

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my blog again. <3 ya ;) A little later start sounds just wonderful to me. LOVING strawberries right now. There was actually a giant strawberry festival in my town last weekend. The honey on top of them makes them look even more heavenly. Nice work at the gym today girl! You totally torched it up. No crazy plans tonight. Taught Body Attack, watching American Idol & Lost!! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strawberries & honey? yes, please! i love your blue fish bowl

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo dr.kracker, what a lovely surprise! You must let us know how they are.

    I love all of the fruit and I am totally lovin strawberries right now also! :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so good. Got your package out the other day! Let me know when it arrives -- cross-border mail can be so slow :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the Dr Kracker swag. Very nice. I've yet to try out those flatbreads/crackers, but maybe one day. They look nice and seedy :)

    I used to walk to and from school by myself when I was like, 6 or 7. Sure, the school was only 5 min from our house, but I did have to cross the road with no crosswalk, since there is no sidewalk on our side of the street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lucky are your kids to have a baby sitter. when i was their age, I was already by my own. I always had to go to school alone and come back alone. I wonder if it was because my parents weren't worry about me or it was because the city is safer or it was simply because they couldn't afford it. I think the last option is the more likely reason. So tell DS and DD while they enjoy some freedom, that they're super lucky to have a baby sitter. not everyone can have one! :)

    love strawberries, one reason I love summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love breakfast for dinner. Eggs always taste so great.

    I can't get enough strawberries either. I think they're better this year than usual. They're so sweet and flavourful.

    Have a great day Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that feeling in your legs after a super tough workout.
    You are going to have to find lots of fun things to do with all those crackers, I can't wait to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for DS ' s communion Sunday! Anthony's is Saturday May 8th!!!! Yay for cake!!lol!!

    Oh Dr. krackers are the bomb!!! Lucky you to get a sweet package with all that yum!!!!!

    Hope you have a great Hump Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the strawberries! i've been feasting on them a lot lately too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cottage cheese/blueberry combo looks amazing! I've actually got both in my fridge right now, so I think I'll try it for tomorrow's breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved all the Dr.Kracker line when they sent it to me last year! They are good for a lot of things and just plain snacking :-)

    I loove seeing all the strawberries--I've been eating my fair share as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!