These are some eats that I’ve enjoyed over the past 2 days: While out getting the last bit of back to school supplies with the kiddie’s last night I found a few new (to me) food products that just *had* to have:
What you can’t see is that the popcorn bag is ripped open at the top. I very rarely open packages before getting home, but I made an exception for the popcorn. Oh, so good! I’m sure I downed at least 5 cups before I reigned myself in and had the kids pop the whole bag of groceries in the back of the Jeep! LOL I taste tested a few of the chocolate covered pomegranate today and they’re delectable, but sweet enough that a few are enough.
DD and I hit the mall today to pass some time. We treated ourselves to some Starbucks where I had a NF pumpkin spice misto a la Erica: Ah, one of the only great things about fall being in the air!
I spent a little more time on making dinner than I have been lately so I think it’s worth posting about. First up I roasted a butternut squash from the garden,
Then I made some meatballs. Here’s the recipe…
Swiss Cheese Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
- 1lb all white ground chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- S&P to taste
- 16 small cubes of Swiss cheese
- combine all ingredients except for the cheese cubes
- flatten mixture into the bottom of a bowl and score into 16 “squares” using a knife
- Place one section in the palm of your hand until it resembles a burger, place cheese cube in the centre and fold the edges to cover
- Shape into a meatball being careful that all the cheese is sealed inside
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and add meatballs once hot
- cook 10 minutes before adding a jar of your favourite marinara sauce (I used 1 can tomato sauce, I small can of tomato paste and a 1/4 cup of Fage)
- continue to cook for another 5 minutes
- serve over noodles, rice, etc
That’s all for today, guys! I’m off to get some snuggle time in with this guy!
Bye for now!!