Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This and That

Give it up for hump day!  We’re in the last stretch to the weekend, peeps!  Hopefully you are all having an awesome week thus far.  No complaints over here.  When I posted Monday night I mentioned that I had some baking in the oven so we’ll start with that today.   A wonderful loaf of Erica’s delicious Multi Grain Bread.IMG_3397
This bread is so versatile.  I usually pair it with sweet, but I’ve done savoury with amazing results as well.IMG_3398   My intention for it this week was to replace the bars that I’ve been eating before the gym.  I’m all out and didn’t want to make a special trip to the store for them.  Not that I even had the time!  So yesterday I spread some zucchini jam on a thick slice:IMG_3401
And today I partnered it with peanut hazelnut butter.IMG_3410
The absolute best aspect of this bread, IMO, is that it tastes really buttery with not a hint of it in the recipe.  Me loves!
The mornings have been rather brisk so I’ve been sticking to my oats for breakfast.  Yesterday was a blend of Nature’s Path hemp seed oatmeal topped with blueberries and pumpkin butter:IMG_3400
This ended up being a bit too sweet.  Lesson learned; don’t use blueberries and pumpkin butter together in oats.  Today followed a tropical theme with coconut extract, crushed pineapple and Hawaiian trail mix & yogurt chips on top:IMG_3408
This bowl was really good!
Tuesday’s gym session included day 7 of level 2 of the 30 Day Shred and 10 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill.  I’m excited to hit level 3 because I’ve never made it that far.  When I first did the DVD a year ago I buggered up my ankles by day 15.  Back then I was doing the disc every single day and I know that’s how I injured myself.  Keeping it tame with Tuesday’s & Thursday’s seems to be the ticket.  Today I popped on the elliptical.  I was feeling really tight across my back and figured the motion of the machine would loosen things up….and it did.
Lunch has been all over the place.  Yesterday I had tuna on a toasted multi grain English muffin with a LC cheese wedge:IMG_3403
Like the birthday plate?  LOL  These English muffins are perfect for me because they have seeds in them which give them some great texture.  And we all know I’m a texture kinda gal!  Today was totally random; cottage cheese, Crofter’s jam and thawed blobs:IMG_3411
Sorry for the less than stellar set up.  I was too lazy to walk halfway across the building for a pretty bowl.  :/
I ate a bit bigger of an afternoon snack yesterday.  I didn’t get out of work until 5:15 and wanted to be at the rink by 5:30 for DS’s game (I made it).  That and dinner was uber late for us.  I had a ginger gold apple plus some walnuts rescued from the depths of my desk drawer.IMG_3404
Today’s 3pm-er was much lighter; a chopped up navel orange:IMG_3412
I’ve been keeping to the meal plan for our dinners and it’s been going smooth.  Last night was pasta night and the fam had the regular spaghetti and homemade meat sauce.  I went with a cup of the WW pasta but topped mine with a mixture of tempeh bacon, 2 diced garden tomatoes, garlic and some grated Romano cheese.IMG_3406   It was splendid!  The only issue is that pasta NEVER sits pretty in my belly.  I know this but thought I’d see if things have changed.  Nope…..I was chomping on Tums at 10pm last night.  What a bummer!  Dinner tonight made my tummy happier…chicken stir fry night!IMG_3414
I kept this simple in using red & yellow bell peppers, chicken breast, oregano and fig balsamic dressing.  A bed of brown rice sealed the deal.
Random snacking that has happened looks like this:IMG_3402
Homemade oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie x 2 from co worker;IMG_3409
Lots of ginger chews.  I also just polished off a bowl of Wildroots cereal that missed the camera.
In other news, the boys won their hockey game last night 3-0!  As you can imagine, they were pretty stoked!   Tonight’s soccer practice turned into a 2 hour one.  The weather held out so it wasn’t too bad.  Plus I had a few other Mom’s to chat with so the time whipped by.  ;)  Tomorrow is free and I’m SO looking forward to it!  As for the rest of tonight?  I think I’m gonna hit the sack early and read a little longer than usual. 
Tell me something exciting you’ve done so far this week!!
Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. enjoy your free night tomorrow! congrats to the boys on there hockey win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow- I need to make another batch of that! I bet it was really tasty with the peanut hazelnut butter on top...mmm. I've heard good things about those ginger chews- they're on my to try list. Congrats to the boys on the win!! Exciting things I've done this week- ran outside & went to a working breakfast with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So yesterday I spread some zucchini jam on a thick slice"--NICE

    and the peanut hazelnut butter...

    you have been a creative and busy mama in the kitchen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does getting the brakes fixed on my car count as exciting? How about buying a new toothbrush? No? Then yeah, I got nothing. Although I have some fun coming up on Friday!

    Tempeh bacon & pasta? I could go for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the boys on their win, how awesome! That multigrain bread looks so good, especially with those toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bread looks great! so dense! love it!
    You're such a good mom, so dedicative to your kids! I don't know if I can do it! When I have kids, I'll need a lesson from you!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've got some baking to do and i think i know what bread recipe i'm going to makkkke!

    ps. i think of you every time i post horse pictures because you always have those baby horse pictures on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try crushed pineapple in oatmeal!! That looks so good!! And so does that bread- homemade's the absolute best :) You have me wanting to bake some now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. arent yogurt chips wonderful!?!?! i never liked them covered on raisins but i would always eat them if they were almond covered. i once had yogurt covered peanuts that were INSANE!!!

    Erica's multigrain bread looks rediculously hearty and well textured! NICE :P :P

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you can have a relaxing weekend!
    tempeh bacon sounds really interesting.. sorry it didnt leave ya feelin too well :( i hate when that happens!

    major congrats on their 3-0 win wahoo!!! that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to try some of Erica's bread--there's nothing better than the smell, and taste, of homemade bread!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!