Thursday, September 2, 2010

September=BUSY

Hi everyone!  PHEW…..this week has been SO busy thus far.  I’m in no way complaining; I actually thrive on the busyness.  Now that September is here, I need to return to planning my weeks out.  That’s something I let slide during the “lazy” summer months.  DS is on the ice 9 times in the next 2 weeks, DD’s dance classes start back up on the 13th, my Pilates on the 21st and my hubby’s hockey this weekend.   I’m aiming to have my weekly meal plans back in action by next week so I’ll be posting those Sunday evenings.  I’d love to hear suggestions for quick, healthy weeknight meals!  Just leave’em in the comment section!
So yesterday flew on by.  HA!  Breakfast was hot, even though we set a new record with it being the first Sept 1 in history that there’s been an extreme heat advisory!IMG_3257
-1/2 cup each water and coconut milk
-1/2 Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-trail mix
-chai honey stickIMG_3258
I noshed on a carrot cake Clif bar before heading to the gym.IMG_3260
At the gym I popped on the treadmill for a 45 minute incline walk (4.2mph, 7.5% incline).  45 minutes seems so long to me these days!  Funny what you get used to in no time.  Thankfully there were people on either side of me to chat with and we had some “retro” tunes on the tube.  I say “retro” because I’m old enough to remember when they came out so they don’t seem old to me!  LOL
Lunch was simply Fage, granola and honey.IMG_3262
I bought a big tub of Fage in August and the expiry date of Sept 9 is fast approaching!  Gotta finish’er up.
I ate a less than ripe mango for an afternoon snack:IMG_3263
Still pretty tasty and not near as messy…..
Dinner was quick…and not real dinner like because we had to leave the house by 5 and I knew it was going to be 9 before we got back home (hockey this time).  I toasted some Silver hills bread and topped it with tempeh bacon and an egg:IMG_3264
This bread is Filling with a capitol “F”!  YOW!
The hockey practice last night consisted of 1 hour on ice and 1 hour on the synthetic ice.  The boys don’t need full gear on the fake stuff so here is what my darling son dressed like:IMG_3265
What a fashion statement!!  LOL  Only a boy.
I rolled with oats for breakfast again this morning.  No matter what, I always seem to revert back to oatmeal in the mornings!IMG_3268
-1 cup coconut milk
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-cherries
-honey
IMG_3266
Look at what my co worker and I did at lunch: IMG_3270
Oh yes I did!  But before I submitted myself to Jillian I ate a Luna Bar:IMG_3269
I just realized this morning that I’m almost out of bars.  Time to restock. 
So did we like NMTZ?  Oh, yes we did!  Can I just say that I’m glad that I’ve been consistently doing the 30 Day Shred?  I think that’s the only thing that kept this workout from turning into a torture session!  I have a very strong feeling that it may hurt to move in the morning.  LOL
I seems to have forgotten to take a lunch picture.  It wasn’t anything earth shattering, that’s for sure.  The last bit of spag squash, kidney beans and salsa.  I did manage a shot of my ginger gold!IMG_3254
I had to stop by the pharmacy after work for some eye drops.  I started to pour and hail just before I got there.  I waited this out in the Jeep!IMG_3272 IMG_3271
It still looks like that and we keep losing our satellite signal.  Boo!
Dinner was a simple veggie burger on an English muffin with ketchup, mustard, relish, cassata cheese and a pickle:IMG_3273
Then I ate a coconut bliss bar!IMG_3274
So, along with the eye drops I found a few other neat products:IMG_3198 IMG_3196 IMG_3197
I’ll let you know what I think once I try them!  For now I think I’m gonna try to catch up on more of your fabulous blogs.  Hope you all have a great night!!
Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. A favorite meal that my parents always ask me for is spicy chicken burgers.

    Just combine about 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken (or turkey), 1 c. onion, 1 c. bell pepper color of choice, 1 T cajun season, 1 tsp. Tobasco sauce and a bit of salt and pepper. Grill or fry until ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we're not the only ones having this heat in September, huh? If only Mother Nature follwed the calendar! Gah!! Down here the only time we get snow is in April..every year. :/

    That bread looks like the bread they serve at Panera on their sandwiches. Super filling and full of seeds! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver Hills bread is the best! You get 8 - 10 g of real, not added in, fibre in each of your sandwiches. Always a favourite of mine.

    As for fast, healthy meals, I say start busting out the ol' slow cooker to make some hearty fall stews and soups - minimal effort for you, and leftovers to freeze!

    I think I'm opening a can of coconut milk in the AM to make me some oats. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think pizza is really easy and quick to make and everyone likes it. And my recent success making gnocchi. You can make a big batch and freeze them, it will take you to cook 10 min and dinner will be ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your weight lost progress here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i use the same brand shampoo and conditioner. i hope u like it cuz i think theyre products are fantastic! i havent tried this one tho so im interested in hearing what u think of it!

    my best quick and healthy weeknight dinners would be a stir-fry mix of squash, veggies, beans, and whatever else hits ur fancy with a nice mustard blended in. it takes no time at all to make and definitely helps u get ur daily veggie servings in <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. granola and honey looks yummy

    and i love your new products...FUN.. I always love new goodies to sample!

    enjoy the weekend w/ your fam Krista!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your new products. I`m jealous you got rain, everything here is completely.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your September sounds busy indeed! I have to get ready for some busy weeks myself (but I have been fighting it...).

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe hockey season is starting up again already! Can't wait to see how DS and his team do this year!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!