Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Getting Hot in Here

Going back to work on such a beautiful day was a chore….I can’t lie! I did make myself a superb breakfast, though!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Sunrise grain blend
-cinnamon, vanilla, salt
-2 chopped strawberries
-2 tbsp of Flanigan Farms trail mix
-splash vanilla flavoured coffee creamer
This particular blend has SO much texture to it. I enjoyed it immensely!

As always when coming back after a few days off, there was a pile of paperwork on my desk that needed to be sorted through. That took up a good chunk of the morn! My co-worker and I went for our daily walk around the block at 10:30 and when we came back I ate my mix of parnoosh dates and dried apricots;
The dates are almost gone and I’m not gonna buy anymore for a bit so I opted to pick up some of the apricots for a change. I always forget how much I like these!

I’m on early lunch today so I headed out to the gym at 11:30. It was WAY too hot in there today at 77*F. I had to walk the last 3 minutes of my run because I was starting to feel physically sick. Not fun times. I think I probably sweat out every toxin that dared to be in my system, though!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 165
Max Hr: 180
Calories Burned: 447
Distance: 4.31 miles

I brought a great big salad for lunch;
This guy has half a savoy cabbage, a tomato, a ¼ cup of lentils, a bit of leftover pork chop and cranberry walnut Gorgonzola dressing.
Later on in the afternoon I ate my honey crisp apple….
Sweet and delish! Can’t wait for them to come into full season.

Now for a wee bit of bad news. My MIL’s baby horse passed away later Sunday afternoon. :) Poor little guy just couldn’t fight the illness that took over his little body. So sad. Buuuut….that same evening a new female baby horse was born! This is the second girl with the first being born late last week. Nature can do some odd things sometimes!

So, I just gotta tell you about something that I've been really wanting to try and finally found at Whole Foods yesterday. The product is Artisana Cacao Bliss which I've seen featured on many a blog. It looks fabulous so you can imagine my glee at spotting it on the shelf. Glee turned into horror when I saw the price tag sat at $17.99 for an 8oz jar! WTF??? Who can afford that? Not me! Have any of my Canadian readers seen this at a more decent price anywhere? Please say yes!

I baked up some salmon for dinner tonight along with steamed green beans and a sweet potato that saw some microwave and oven action;
I haven't had anything for dessert yet, but I have something in mind that I will be enjoying on the deck shortly. Tonight my only plans are relaxing in the sunshine as they're predicting rain right up until Saturday. Ugh. Hope the sun is shining where you are!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your MILs horse :( The Artisan butters are that expensive here...wayyy too pricey for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i'm sorry to hear about the horse...but at least another one came into the world too!

    and OMG the price of artisan butters! goodness gracious!!! i hope you can find it cheaper somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfasts and all your eats are always so awesome!

    Just a reminder to update your RSS for my new site: http://megansmunchies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little horse! But, like you said at least a new one was born :-) Heyy I had sp "fries" with dinner tonight--everyone around here thinks sweet potatoes are winter foods, but heck I eat em' all 4 seasons lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, one life passes away as a new one starts. So beautiful that another one was born!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny that you would post the temp. in Fahrenheit! :oP I'm going to have to google that conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about the horse :(
    That salad looks so good. I LOVE raw cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ughhhhh it is so hard to go back after vaca! I love that you and your coworker go for a walk together every day- what a nice moment of peace to look forward to. Sorry to hear about the horse. Great dinner- looks fresh and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather has been SO gorgeous these past couple days, I'll be so sad to see it replaced by days and days of rain... let's hope those weather peeps are WRONG.

    I saw the Cacao Bliss at Eating Well Organically here for I THINK 15.99 but A) that was a while ago so it may have changed, B) I might be wrong about that price anyway and C) that's certainly not a whole lot cheaper. haha. SIGH. I really want to try it too! Why does it have to be so darn expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, the Artisana stuff is PRICEY. I think the jar of coconut butter I bought was something like $15 or $16, but the price has gone up since then. I've seen some of their products here for over $20. If you want to try it, you'll have to be feeling rich that day, that's for sure.

    That's too bad about the baby horse, but at least it's not suffereing anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, something about your dried fruit assortment struck me as so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh... sorry that your little horse passed away, that must have been sad.
    that's a tons of money on a jail of coconut butter!!! that's insane!!!
    I've never seen here in US, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad about the horse. Sorry!
    Love the eats, especially the sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry about Mils horse :-( And I think $17.00 for a jar of ANYTHING is pretty crazy. I've looked for some spices like Saffron and real vanilla beans before and I just can't bring myself to buy things that expensive. Love the salmon. I keep seeing all this yummy fish on the blog-o-sphere. I need to pick some up! Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your apple slicer so much!! umm and those oats look SO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do you get your cranberry walnut gorgonzola dressing?? It sounds divine! You eat so well, you can be my thinspiration!!

    http://ohlivin.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!