Thursday, June 25, 2009

School's Out For Summer!

Today started out beautiful but by noon we had some seriously loud thunder boomers! My co worker and I were in the gym, on the treadmills, ipod on and we still heard the thunder like we were standing out in the middle of the storm! Not very nice weather for the kids to have on the last day of school. Humpf!

Breakie was much the same as yesterday. What can I say, I was good!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup PC 5 Grain cereal
-pumpkin puree
-cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, vanilla, salt
-blueberries
-hemp seeds
I used more pumpkin today which made the bowl deliciously creamy.

I was feeling snacky last night so I munched a small amount of dry dorset cereal and drank a mix of a ¼ cup POM Wonderful with blueberries and 1.5 cups of tonic water while watching SYTYCD.
To all the fans out there….any favourite dancers yet? I really like Brandon and Kayla and Vitolio. Not so fond of Kupono or the ballerina girl…I can’t think of her name right now. Evan and Randi are the cutest by far.

Work trickled along. All our payrolls were transferred yesterday so today was just a “clean up” day. I ate some dried apricots and a few pretzels over the course of the morning;

A fellow gym goer showed me how to fiddle with the air conditioning in the gym so I went in around 11 to turn it down some. Good thing because it was at 78! I put it down to 69 and did I ever feel a positive difference in my run today. I felt like a powerhouse the whole run!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 161
Max Hr: 172
Calories Burned: 472
Distance: 5.11 miles

I was starting to worry that running at lunch was going to make me feel sick everyday, but I felt great after today’s run. Now I just need to remember to make sure that temp is brought down before I go in.

I had brought a packed lunch today but there were some sandwiches in the kitchen that I just could not pass up. If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you will know that it’s very rare for me to not eat a homemade lunch. But look at this beautiful creation…
Dense, grainy bread, feta, roasted vegetables, crisp lettuce….this tasted of the charts and I’m very glad I decided to nab a half! There was also a fruit tray which I can never resist. I love my fruit, especially when someone else has done all the work on prepping it!
Here we have watermelon, grapes, pineapple and strawberries. Heaven in a bowl for this girl! I munched on this for about an hour before I polished it off.

I left work at 3 today to grab the kids from school and then to the dentist for our check ups. I HATE going to the dentist. For real. But I have to put my game face on so the kiddies don’t get freaked out. BLAH!

I ended up eating my lunch for dinner with a few additions. I warmed up this tuna steak…
And served it over couscous and steamed vegetables;The steamed veggies were the part that I hadn’t packed for lunch. Dessert was more fruit. Berries this time....

DD and I are off to the mall now to see if I can't find me some new summer clothes. I don't know what I wore last year because my drawers seem pretty empty!

Hope the sun is shining where you are!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Your oats make me want to buy pumpkin when I go grocery shopping this weekend, and I'm not even a big pumpkin person! They almost look caramelly to me. Mmm, caramel.

    And I think it's totally acceptable to grab free lunch at work when it's something delicious. I'm the same, rarely will I forgo what I've packed for something else, but every once in a while it's fun for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm pumpkin-y goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love feta cheese with veggies- so delicious! My favorite dancer is Kayla! She is so freaking cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide on my favorites yet, but I am really loving this season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the thunder, we've had really intense thunder storms along with pouring rain on and off all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your beautiful fruits look soo amazing and summery. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thunderstorm happens so often lately here too, I used to be afraid of it but anymore! I guess I finally grew up! :)
    so glad that you figured out how to turn the air conditioning down so you can have a good workout!
    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT SANDWICH!!! If there are any leftovers, ship them off to MI ;) I love the sounds of that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are so lucky to be out of school! I still have 3.5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely wouldn't have passed up the feta loaded sandwich either, no matter HOW good my packed lunch was.

    I've been thinking about trying those tuna steaks... any good? They seem nice and easy which is always a plus factor for me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!