Saturday, March 26, 2011

What’s For Dinner?

I finally spent some time downloading all my pictures and realized I had quite a few dinner photos on there so I thought I’d do a post focusing on what’s been on my dinners plate lately.  Here we go!
I tired my hand at a quick Kung Pao Chicken recipe that I found in a magazine (I think it was Chatelaine).IMG_5342   From what I remember, this dish came together super fast!  I opted to sub out the chicken for tofu seeing as I had a block in the fridge.  And I served it over pasta for greater kid appeal.  :)IMG_5343 The next day I mixed peas and corn into the leftovers and took them to work.IMG_5350  One night DD was away for dinner so the boys and I has cheese waffles (I just used a basic Bisquick mix and added 1 cup of grated marble cheese), eggs and broccoli:IMG_5408 And from my Clean Eating Magazine, I made cornmeal crusted sole fillets,  paired with corn and roasted sweet potatoes!IMG_5410 The day after I did groceries last week I made a massive stir fry.  As well as chicken, there was broccoli, red onion, green onions, snow peas, bell peppers and mushrooms.  I made a simple sauce with soy sauce, hoisin, dry sherry, OJ, ginger and garlic:IMG_5449 And there was also Mu Shu Pork with a side of basmati rice:IMG_5466 We had pasta for dinner the other night with one of my favourite, quick sauces; tuna.  Simply sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, add 2 cans of tuna, a can of diced tomatoes, a small can of tomato sauce, capers and parsley.  Bring to a simmer and you’re good to go.  This time I also added 2 small, diced zucchini:IMG_5469 And the last 2 meals?  Curried chickpeas with rice and roasted chicken breast, mixed veggies and rice: IMG_5471 IMG_5484
And there you have a photo album of my meals!  What’s been on your dinner plate these days??
I’ll leave you with a GREAT photo I took of Pepper last week.  He was sitting pretty on the deck so I thought to take a pic.  As soon as I hit the “button”, he yawned.  But just look how fierce he looks!!!IMG_5442
LMAO!!!!!!!
Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of goodies cooking up over there! Love a big stir fry and the Curried chickpeas with rice looks awesome too. I made a cornmeal pizza last night that turned out fantastic! Hope you enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, kitty does look fierce! I love catching their mouth movements mid-snap, so much fun!

    All of your dinners look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all your dinner combos!!! I've been having the same combo the last three nights: soyflour cake with stir fry greens with coconut oil! :)
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cornmeal crusted sole fillets! I have always wanted to try "crusting" some type of fish to see if Nick will eat it. I want to try fish with Panko crumbs one day, or even leftover chip crumbs!!

    Lately we've been doing a lot of eggs for dinner, or large rice and bean burritos. Anything quick will do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know how you do it, but your food always looks amazing, as well as so healthy. Usually help food makes me turn the other way or I have to mask its gross taste...maybe I need to be a better cook lol.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. all your meals look amazing! and that waffle is so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Clean Eating magazine..that fish recipe sounds divine :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!