- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup PC 5 Grain cereal
- cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- cinnamon honey
I had a wee bit of zucchini leftover from the muffins and figured this would be the perfect way to use it up. This meal was stellar! :D
Such a diva!
These used to be a pantry staple, but I got out of buying them for some reason. They caught my eye while doing groceries yesterday so I grabbed a pack. I forgot how good they were!
I spent a good chunk of the afternoon out on the deck with my book. I also made a big pot of marinara sauce. Takes a bit of time to get in the pot, but it’s 100% worth the effort. Here’s my Homemade Marinara Sauce recipe for you all to try out.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3lbs Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- tsp each salt and pepper
- tbsp each dried basil and oregano
- a 6oz can of tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- add onions and cook about 5 minutes
- stir in chopped garlic
- add tomatoes and stir well
- next goes all the spices and the full can of tomato paste
- let simmer on the stove top for at least 3 hrs, stirring occasionally. It will thicken considerably.
- allow to cool before dividing into whatever portion sizes you like
I made up 3 large containers for the freezer. I will use this as is over noodles, rice or any cooked grain, as pizza sauce, mixed with ground meat, combined with a few cups of stock for a chunky tomato soup. It’s very versatile. Let me know if you give it a try!
Currently, I’m working my way through a ginger gold apple dipped in PB2. Sorry, no pic! I’m gonna go see if there’s anything good on the tube. So glad tomorrow’s a day off work! YAY!
Bye for now!!