- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Quaker oats
- cashews, carob chips and hazelnut mocha sprinkles
The elliptical was in use again today so back on the treadmill I went. I upped the incline to 8% today, though and only did 40 minutes because I got chatting and lost some time. LOL!
- Time: 40 minutes
- Avg Hr: 152
- Max Hr: 169
- Calories Torched: 395
- Distance: 2.8 miles
Lunch was a bowl of turkey quinoa stew.
Peaches are about the only fruit I can eat thawed out. I find that most of them turn to mush and that is one texture that truly makes me gag. The peaches stay firm which I like!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 3 cup stock (I used chicken)
- chopped asparagus (I used about 14 stalks)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parm
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in large pot and add onion. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes)
- Add barley and cook 1 minute
- Add broth, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat
- Cook for approx 15 minutes or until barley is tender
- Remove from heat, add asparagus and mushroom S&P and cover again
- Let stand for another 5 minutes
- Serve with a sprinkle of freshly grated parm
- Prepare to smack lips with delight!
Soon after eating we went to soccer. I left my camera at home because the rain was threatening to pour down and I didn’t want to risk getting it wet. DS scored 3 goals and had a blast. Just before typing this out I heated a slice of whole grain bread and spread some peach/blackberry jam on top.
Ya think I love this bread??? HA! I’m off to watch SYTYCD again!
Bye for now!!