Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And So The Sun Shines...

The sun is shining!!!! YIPEE!! Today’s weather was MUCH better than the previous 2 days. Sigh of relief over here!!

I felt a little rushed this morning even though I was pretty much on time so I broke into the President’s Choice prepared steel cut oats for breakfast.
This is the blueberry one and I was very pleased to see that there were more than 2 berries in there!!! Now, this was no homemade bowl of oats, but I still really enjoyed it! The texture was pudding like and it had a nice mild flavour. I bulked it up a wee bit with some Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo Trail Mix.

Seeing as the portion was a little smaller than what I’m use to, I was pleasantly surprised that it kept me full for almost 5.5 hours!!! My regular oats don’t even keep me full that long!!

No gym for me today. I had to take a drive to CHSS (a local high school that teaches trades) to pick up a cookie order that I bought for the kids classes for Easter. Then I stopped off at the mall to pick up the baggies and extra chocolates so that I can get the grab bags ready tonight. Before I left work I ate the last few prunes;
And on the drive back I ate my baggie of green grapes;
No long after getting back to work, the fire alarm went off! There’s still quite a bit of construction going on in the building and I guess one of the guys set them alarm off. We spent about 15 windy minutes outside before we were cleared to go back in! Thank goodness it wasn’t crappy out like Monday & Tuesday!

You can imagine how happy I was to have packed some Peanut Lentil soup for lunch!
That took the chill out of my bones!!! Lunch dessert was a Coconut Lime Oat bar!
As soon as the kids and I got home from our day, I changed and got my “shredding” in! I must say that I can already do a few more push ups than 5 days ago! And that’s a good thing because I need to do 3 sets of them tonight. Overall, I'm really impressed with this workout DVD. I feel like I'm packing a good workout into less than 30 minutes.

I made pork sausages for dinner but as soon as I saw the fat content on the nutrition label, I couldn't bring myself to eat one so I made a chicken breast for myself. I served it with a side of steamed veggies, 2 Dr. Praeger sweet potato pancakes and some spicy curry tapenade for dipping...
My sweet end was a Cravings lemon cheesecake;
Then all went down hill for a slice of time when my hubby opened this:
The carrot cake that he ordered from the high school. How good does that look??? I thought so too so I cut myself this tiny piece...
THEN, I went back for another, larger piece! It was just SO good with all those plump raisins, crunchy walnuts and moist spicy cake!!! In my defense, I did scrape the icing off....too sweet for me. UGH....I feel like a beluga whale right now but I enjoyed it and now I'm done with it! He also bought a box of jam cookies...
Thankfully, these do nothing for me and are in no danger of meeting my belly!

Once the gorge fest was over, the kids and I set to work the grab bags for their friend's tomorrow. Here are the 3 shapes of cookies that we got;
I ordered 4 dozen and by the time we were done, one was left. That is going into my hubby's lunch! After all that cake digests some, I will be doing my push ups (and maybe some more crunches!!) before I get lunches ready for tomorrow. I should probably get out for a walk, but there's a pretty stiff wind out there right now. Not fun. I don't think much good is on TV tonight so I'll probably end up reading for a while. Hope everyone's evening will be more exciting than that!!!

Before I go, there are 2 great giveaways that I wanted to mention!! Karen @ To Be the Whole Package has some Honest Food goodies up for grabs and Sarah @ Tales of Expansion has gone NUTS!!! Go check them out!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. SUN'S OUT HERE TOO!! FINALLY!! :-D

    Lovin' the soup, cake, cookies, and SWEET POTATO (!!!) pancakes!!

    Enjoy your relaxing evening!! I'm sure it WILL be exciting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies and cheesecake look SO good! I want to try those potato pancakes too, they look super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather was better today! All of those treats look incredible- ESPECIALLY the cake! It is easter week- its more than ok to have some treats! I have already planned some out for the weekend hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- I haven't received the spread?? No stress- if they lost it or something don't worry 1 bit about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh fire alarm?!
    But oh wow, delicious treats. Love love love carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you buy those sweet potato pancakes from they look so good!!!

    Way to go on already being able to do more pushups!!! Nothing is more motivating than seeing yourself improve!!!

    I love carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the purple oats match your background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY for the sun!! We got to enjoy some of it today too :)

    That soup sounds wonderful! I have no words for the carrot cake! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my dad jokes that he eats play doh everymorning bc of the colour the blue berries make it. That peanut lentil soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. steel cut oatmeal bowl looks good too!
    That cake seems so good!! Glad to know you went for seconds... indulgence is sooo necessary.
    and that cheesecake!!! oh...man!! I really want to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the purple-green combo of your breakfast. So spring-like and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I have a slice of carrot cake please? And some of the coconut lime oat bar too?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm, carrot cake. That's what I'm making for Easter dinner dessert :D But it will be a fancy carrot cake, cuz that's how I roll.

    I should pick up those sweet potato cakes one of these days to try out. Although, I bet they would be easy to replicate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cake looks so good! And I usually scrape the icing off too!

    Why do people insist on ruining perfectly good cake/brownies/cupcakes with icing?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!