Thursday, April 23, 2009

Taming the Hunger Beast

The sun finally made an appearance today! WAHOO!! Nice to meet you, sunshine! It wasn’t exactly what I would call warm, but that’s OK, I’ll take it! My breakfast this morning was reminiscent of a childhood favourite….PB&J!
-1 cup water
1/3 cup Quaker oats
-2 tbsp PB2
-1 tbsp Cinnamon Plum Tea jam
-cinnamon
-pecans
Ohhh….so good!!! The oats turned out to be really creamy which was a HUGE plus for me! Unfortunately, this bowl didn’t hold my hunger at bay for too long. I found myself itching to eat again by 9:30! I broke into my stash of prunes earlier than normal…
An hour later, I was hungry again! I held off another ½ hour before I finally ate my muffin.
This was consumed a good hour before I would normally eat it! A minty piece of gum helped tie me over until I could get to my lunch, but just barely.

I had a few errands to run over the lunch hour, one of which involved the grocery store. Not good to go to one of those hungry! I did well, though. I only left with what I went in for. Every time I found myself gazing at something naughty, I told myself to walk away, it only looked good because I wanted to eat.

There was some quesadilla “stuffing” left from last night so I brought that for lunch today with my very last Flatout wrap to bundle it in. I left out the cheese today but added some sliced cucumber for some crunch.
Horrible picture, I know, but I just could not make this look pretty! I did eat some pretty strawberries for my lunch dessert, though! :)
I got lost in paperwork this aft so it went by nice and fast. DD had an eye doctor appointment right after work so I ate this chopped up mango about 10 minutes before calling it a (work) day;

I love mango's, but most times can’t be bothered preparing one to eat. Lazy, I know! I’m glad I took the time this morning because this one was juicy and sweet.
The eye appointment went just peachy....especially since they were able to fix my glasses!!! YAY! My contacts didn't fail me at work today which was a relief. I usually have a headache by noon, but my eyes didn't start getting uncomfortable until the last hour of the day. When I go for my eye exam I'm going to look into a different kind of contact so that I can wear them more often.

Dinner tonight was a Sol veggie burger on a toasted English muffin. My toppings were lettuce, hot peppers, honey mustard, a LC wedge and ketchup. A side of steamed broccoli with walnut cranberry Gorgonzola dressing rounded out the plate.
I really enjoyed this burger pattie!! I bet I could pass it off as meat with my hubby which is saying a lot! :) They were a little pricey, but a decent size so I'm certain that I would buy them again. My sweet end was a Cravings macaroon;
Heaven. 'nuf said.

I let my dinner digest a bit and then got right into shredding. I traded off the cardio parts for ab work again. Until I find out what's up with my ankles (which are now very swollen as well as painful) I'll be staying away from any high impact activity. This is already driving me nuts and it's only been 2 days, but I do not want to do any further damage. **Sniff, sniff** Anybody have any ideas on some heart pumping cardio that doesn't include feet??? Besides swimming that is. I abhor swimming.

On tonight's agenda? Helping with homework, dishes, lunches and then some down time watching CSI, which I hope is much better than last week! :) Tomorrow's Friday!!! Enjoy the evening!!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Hooray for sunshine, PBJ oats, fixed glasses; yay!!


    Ahh hang in there with your feet!! Wish I could answer your question :-(


    Enjoy the evening too, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek sorry to hear about your feet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could always do boxing... not kickboxing, but like, heavy bag boxing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feet feel better soon! Love those Sol burgers, sooo yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine is so important to bring a big smile in the morning! :)
    I use monthly lens contacts, it's more convenient.
    I'm jealous of your craving dessert!!! it looks so yummy~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh...i don't know about the feet thing...i abhor swimming too...bleck! hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon plum tea jam! That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to see the sun today :) I think today is going to be a non stop hunger day for me too!!!! My belly has been a growling. Hope you ankles feel better! Rest rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, good question... just give yourself some time to relax Krista! You are right, you don't want to make your ankles worse.. then you might have to take time off from working out for even longer!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you haven't already, go to the doctor's. If you must workout maybe just stick to upper body weights while sitting on a bench. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to workout. I am currently nursing my tennis elbows and can't do any upper body workouts and I have to make modifications to my lower body workouts too! Shredding is also difficult for me now.

    I hope your ankles get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a few people have said this, but boxing punches are great. You could do some regular punches (jabs), some hooks, and undercuts. You could also do speedbag work, this really gets the heart pumping.

    I'm currently healing from a fractured foot and found these great. Swimming is also amazing for a cardio. If you buy a pullbuoy, you don't even have to use your legs (worked miracles for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum PBJ!! I never used to eat it as a kid but I can't get enough of it now!

    Sorry your ankles are still bugging you! Keep icing them :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!