Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tick Tock.....

Does this week seem to be dragging for everybody or is it just me? It seems like Friday is still forever away!!! Jeez, Louise!!!

I got this dreary, cool day started off on the right foot with a comforting breakfast;
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-1/4 cup pumpkin puree
-cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
-raisins & walnuts
I cut back the portion size of cereal from ½ a cup to a 1/3 and didn’t get hungry any sooner than normal. I’ve been feeling quite full after breakfast lately so I wanted to see if a smaller meal would affect my hunger throughout the day. It did not and I felt much more comfortable after eating it.

While I’m on the topic of oats, I was really craving some around 9pm last night. Weird, I know! I went with it and made myself a bowl with 1/3 cup Quaker oats, 2/3 cup water and some maple flakes.
This is exactly what I wanted!! I know that if I had resisted the urge to eat this, I would have eaten everything else in the kitchen to try to satisfy the craving!

I got a lot of little picky things off my desk this morning which is a good thing because we are heading back into pay week and I always like to have those bitty things out of the way. I snacked on some prunes mid morning, but I’ll spare you the picture today!

I was really undecided about going to the gym today. I did have a few errands to run, but it was nothing that couldn’t wait and the weather was pretty gross so I ended up going. In trying to rest my ankles I did 25 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. That really left me feeling kind of blah. I know I need to be doing more strength training, but I really missed the cardio today. Patience is not a virtue of mine, so dealing with this “injury” is going to be trying to say the least!! To add to my grief, I stepped on my glasses (I took them off to do some push ups because they fall of my face) and broke them….good. ARGH!!! Thankfully my hubby hadn’t left for work yet and was able to bring me my contacts. I don’t normally wear contacts to work because I spend a lot of time staring at the computer keypunching and my eyes dry out and I end up with a headache. Good thing DD has an eye appointment tomorrow so I can order some new ones! All said and done, I guess I did still get a pretty decent workout in because I burned 260 calories. Much more than if I had just sat around! ;) Oh! I should mention that I ate half this Clif Bar before I went...
DD took the other half in her lunch. This flavour was just OK. The mint really over powered the chocolate. I have to admit that this is one kind I won't buy again. :(

Holy ramble! Sorry about that! I grabbed a portion of chicken divan from the freezer this morning for lunch. I added a handful of fresh broccoli to beef it up. Can you see the difference in the frozen to fresh broc? WOW!
My afternoon snacks included some grapes and strawberries….
No shredding for me tonight. The kids are back in the pool at 7pm so homework had to get done first thing. I made a quick bean & cheese quesadillas dinner tonight using a recipe from Family Circle. It was in the May issue.
They turned out really well! I made mine with a flatout wrap folded in half and I didn't use much cheese as what was called for. They came together much quicker than I anticipated so I had no time to get some veggies cooked up. Strawberries to the rescue!!
My sweet end was 2 yummy cookies....

Well, I am off to read pool side for the next hour! The only thing that would be better is if I was some place warm!! :) Have a great night, all!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. I hear ya - bring on the weekend already!!

    Hooray for satisfying your oatmeal craving!! :-)


    Enjoy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this week is dragging on, but today sure has. Probably because I have very little to do at work, and would rather be at home napping. HA!

    Lovely bean & cheese quesadillas. They look ooey gooey good :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA bean & cheese quesadillas!!!!! I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm quesadilla! Looks so good! I agree...this week is totally dragging! I can't wait until Friday (is there a week where I can??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that fruit looks amazing!! while i want the weekend, i have a long work day friday, so i've been torn all week :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week has been slow for me too! I need to try a flat out quesadilla, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to listen to what your body wanted!! One time I had an entire snack and then realized it wasn't what I wanted so I had ANOTHER snack - should have just had what I was craving the first time!

    I am LOVING that quesadilla! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very wise to go for what you really crave!
    Love that quesadilla...I'm craving cheese so badly... glad that I'll have it soon! :)
    I tried flaxseed porridge today and it was amazing!!!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's unanimous......This week has gone by WAAAAY too slow! YUMMMY Quesadilla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve tagged you in a meme about you and your aspirations. Do check it out: I’d love to see your replies!

    http://summer2009getfit.blogspot.com/2009/04/8-things-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. im feelin the looks of your quesidilla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute yellow ice cream bowl. If you don't mind, where did u get that? If it's from a Canadian store, I might be able to pick one up. I will be visiting Ottawa next month and would like to get one myself.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!