Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fellow Blogger Tradegy

I just got finished reading Jenna's post where she revealed that her 19 yr old brother John passed away early this morning. I was stunned and couldn't believe what I was reading. It is beyond my comprehension on how devastated they must be. Wow. My heart goes out to Jenna and her family and my thoughts and prayers are most certainly with them.

It feels kind of strange for me to write a big upbeat post after hearing such tragic news, so I think I'm going to stick mainly to picture's today.

Breakfast:
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-banana
-cinnamon
-honey
-enjoy life foods trail mix
DD and I went to the market today where I picked up some lovely produce; organic kale and yellow tomatoes;
I also bought some of the world's best vegan cookies from a fabulous baker;
Left to right is chocolate chip, ginger, PB & chocolate chip and cranberry pistachio. While at the market I taste tested a mini vegan cupcake....
This gal has the BEST goodies to sample! It looks full size in the photo, but I promise it was a mini one!! :)

DS had a ball hockey game, but I'll post more about that tomorrow.

I made big salads for DD and I for lunch. Pretty much anything that was in the fridge that could be put in a salad was. Salads for 2...
Mine had cranberry walnut Gorgonzola dressing and DD's had Caesar.
Lunch dessert was the cranberry pistachio cookie....
Just as good as I remember!

We spent the afternoon shopping and running errands and didn't get home until 5pm. I made dinner following this butter chicken recipe, but I used chickpeas instead of chicken. I served it over a big bed of fresh baby spinach;
DELISH!!! I haven't had a sweet end yet as I wanted to get this post up before my parents come over. I'm sure something will make it to my belly later on this evening, though.

Now I'm going to turn the computer off and go hug my kids. You just never know, do you?

Bye for now!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like some great finds at the market :) And you shouldn't feel odd about having an upbeat post or day. As tragic and sad as the news is, life does go on. I figure it better to focus on the good things than dwell on the sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely go hug your kids! This event reminds us to cherish every day and every person in our lives.

    I sure wish I had some of those vegan cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all those salads and vegan cookies look fantastic!! Second, your dinner creation sounds right up my alley - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked this morning when I read her post! still shocked!!!
    your dinner looks delicious~ and that cupcake... so tiny so yummy~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it really makes us realize to cherish each and every moment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!