Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cat Contortions

I woke up to another gloriously sunny day! If the weather man is right, it looks like it’s going to be a wonderful weekend, too!!

I gotta tell ya, after that carrot cake overload last night, I still wasn’t very hungry this morning!!! I went with a simple bowl of oats for that reason!!
-1 cup water
-a little less than a ½ cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal (end of the container)
-cinnamon
-2 tbsp PB2
-1/2 mashed naner
-carob chips
I barely finished this bowl. WOW!

When I arrived at work this morning there were bowls of chocolate spread out all over the place! Chocolate eggs, kisses, little bunnies….who hates me, I ask you??? :) I am very proud of myself, though, because I only ate 5 pieces over the course of the day. I think that is a record low for this girl!!!

Just before heading off to the gym I ate a freezer muffin.
These guys pack a great energy punch! I’ll have to figure out what I did with the recipe!

I developed a headache this morning so I decided to spend 45 minutes on the elliptical. This may sound weird, but I usually close my eyes while on this machine which is very handy when I want to get rid of a headache yet still workout! I also squeezed in 5 minutes of ab work.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 162
Max Hr: 178
Calories Burned: 549
Distance: 4.5 miles at a speed of 7mph (as per the elliptical)

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to pack in my lunch today so I made a green monster with 4 big frozen strawberries, mango, flax seed, ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and lots of spinach.
I pulled this out of the fridge right after I left the gym so it was refreshingly cold when I drank it. So good!!! I also grabbed some fresh fruit that was leftover from a meeting this morning. The muffins you can see in the above picture were for the kids!
This ended up being a great lunch to eat after working out! I should mention that it took me an hour to get through all this produce!!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing data entry. I know how jealous you must all be so I won’t talk about it anymore (in this post)!! :) By about 3pm I was starting to get hungry again. Let’s face it, fruits and veg only last so long!! I pulled out my homemade PB and fig preserve sandwich to chow down on.
So glad I packed this because there were leftover muffins from the meeting too and I probably would have gotten desperate enough to eat one!

Once again, I did my 30 day shred as soon as I got home. DS had to be on the ice in a neighbouring city by 7 so they boys asked for pizza for dinner. Lucky for them, I had snagged 2 oven pizza’s that were on sale for $3.oo each last week so their wish was my command! Not to go without pizza myself, I pulled out a flatout wrap and topped it with pizza sauce, onion, hot peppers, sweet peppers and goat cheese.

No sweet end for me tonight!! I've had enough sweet stuff the past few days!! I do have some fruit leftover that I will most likely eat later on.

DD and I have hair appointments tonight so I gotta cut this short!!! Before I go, PLEASE go check out Zesty's blog--he's got some great Zesty wear for sale with all proceeds going to the food bank!!! And I'll leave you tonight with some silly kitty cats!!!





Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Simple yet SCRUMPTIOUS oats - mmm!!!

    PB & fig preserve sandwich = ALSO "mmm"-worthy, haha.

    Cute cats!!

    Have fun getting your hair done - hope to see photos!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm pineapple! That fruit plate looks so refreshing!!

    Those cat pictures are hilarious and the funny thing is, with the exception of the toilet picture, my dogs lay just like that day in and day out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love frozen muffins, so good! Cat photos are too funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old wessex will be refilled soon! :)
    Good trick to kick the headache with a workout! It always works for me too!
    Nice flatout wrap pizza. Which brand is that flatout?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting my hair done tomorrow!

    I love when the cats can get in better Yoga Poses than I can..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at that fabulous pizza! Yummy! How do carob chips compare the dark chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that pizza looks splendid! And mmmmm delicious delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha those cat pictures are awesome! and that pizza looks absolutely delicious too! i hope youre having a great week.. it's finallyyy friday!

    -megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only imagine the questions I would get if I showed up with a green smoothie at work!

    Pizza night sounds good. I haven't made a pizza for myself in quite awhile. Perhaps it will be on the menu when I get back from Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flatout pizza!!!

    Great job getting in your workout even when you weren't feeling well:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for holding back on the chocolate! No one (lucky for me) has brought any candy into our offices yet! I guess today/Monday will be the real tests :) All your fresh fruit is making me crave some pineapple! mmmm. Hope you have a great weekend (and hope the weather stays nice!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love that melty goat cheese on your pizza!!! So tasty!!!

    Enjoy this beautiful day/ weekend!!!

    You have to show us a pic of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, you have amazing control with the chocolate!! I feel like that is all i've been eating this week!

    Hilarious cat photos!

    Btw- I haven't been able to find the Hazelnut Yogi Tea...going to keep looking though!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!