Friday, March 27, 2009

Can You Believe I Forgot My Camera?

TGIF!!! And it was a beautiful day in my neighbourhood! Hard to believe that only a week ago I was at Ikea and Whole Foods! I went a little blend crazy this morning while getting breakfast and lunch ready! My poor cats couldn't figure out where all the noise was coming from! First up was my immersion blender breakfast;
-cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-cinnamon
-1/2 cup silken tofu
-banana
-blueberries
-carob chips
I cooked the first 5 ingredients, then sent them for a whirl in the pot. Stirred in the berries and topped it off with a sprinkle of carob chips! Thick, creamy, smooth....if any of these words appeal to your senses where food is concerned, you must try blended oats!

So, in our haste to get down to the bake sale last night, I FORGOT my camera! Un-freakin-believable!!! I was all set to take a few shots of DD doing her thing when I realized that it wasn't with me. *sigh* I did have it with me but set it down on DD's dresser when I went to get some cash out of her piggy bank for her and there it stayed. Boo! The good news, though is that all of our baking sold! By the time we got there, the Mars Bar Squares were already gone! I bought a few goodies....a butter tart for my hubby, a baggie of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, a few assorted rice crispy treats, chocolate chip cookies and a sugar cookie dipped in chocolate. I ate 3 of the cookies. That's pretty good for me! Actually, considering the mass amounts there was to choose from, not much of it tempted me. Not long ago I would've wanted at least one of everything....especially the chocolate stuff! I guess I'm finally becoming more in tune with myself!

I ate my usual snack of Parnoosh dates this morning. I forgot to pack them but knew my hubby was coming to the gym so I called and asked him to bring me a few...
....his idea of "few" and my idea of "few" differ somewhat! I wouldn't have packed this many but I wasn't about to complain!

I ate another blood orange before hitting up the gym;
I really, REALLY wasn't feeling the gym today, but I bargained with myself and went anyways. The deal was that I would run 40 minutes at a slower pace than normal and finish the last 10 minutes with my OSG Bikini Challenge exercises which included 3 sets of 15 push ups, toe touches, and side to side abs. Like always, I'm glad I went.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 128
Max Hr: 182
Calories Burned: 421
Distance: 4.12 miles

My second blended creation of the day was a green monster! I made it at 8am this morning and when I took it out of the fridge at 1:30pm it was still a perfect consistency! I was so afraid it would be a goopy mess! This drink had 4 big strawberries, mango, flax seed, 1/2 soy milk, kale and spinach it it..
So good! I'm finding these to be a perfect fit for lunch! They fill me up without making me all bloated. This was paired with half of a Maple Nut Clif Bar...
Before leaving work, I ate my "found" fruit from yesterday. Sweet and juicy and reminded me of a hot summer's day!!
Speaking of "found" food, I found supper for the kids at work today!!! There were 2 trays of sandwiches put out for us vultures and I snagged 2, 1 ham, 1 turkey, for the kids along with 2 chocolate cookies for dessert.
Needless to say, they were thrilled! If there's one thing those 2 agree on, it's that sub's rock their world! My hubby had made a pizza for his lunch and there were 2 pieces leftover. They each had one as well as some Caesar salad. I defrosted myself a serving of peanut lentil soup and sprinkled it with some sunflower seeds. On the side I had a toasted English muffin with some Sabra hummus.
This was a great, hassle free Friday night dinner! I ended it with a mint chip Cadbury thin;
I think some baking is on my agenda for tonight. I want to use up some of the bananas. Judging by the fight the kids just had I think I'll be doing some refereeing, too. Fun times. Anyone doing anything more fun than that tonight? I really hope so!! Be sure to come back tomorrow to find out the winner's of the Dempsters contest AND I will be revealing a few embarrassing cooking stories that still make my family giggle! I wasn't always so adept in the kitchen! :)

Bye For now!!

14 comments:

  1. Your blender breakfast looks pretty good, but the "green monster" just looks.. wrong! :)

    Love blood oranges and hummus. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carob!! Congrats on being a hit! I knew you guys would be ;)

    I love your found food! Oh can't wait for kitchen stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, your evening might be better than mine. I'll be sitting here, still in my pj's, not watching the hockey game because it's PPV, deciding what to eat that is even worth eating since I have no taste. Le sigh. At least I didn't have to go to work!

    Glad to hear your bake sale went well, and that all the Mars Bar Squares went quickly :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAROB CHIPS!!!!

    Hell yes for the bake sale going well!! Don't worry about forgetting the camera - it happens to the best of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! I'm so glad your goodies sold! Three cookies is amazing! It's so hard to resist cookies! :)
    I bring home leftovers from work, too. We had a bunch of PhDs interviewing for jobs this week and they stay for several days - translation: tons of free sandos, crudite, cookies, etc! I bring them home for Robbie and stash all the Diet Coke I can carry in my office fridge! :)
    GUESS WHAT I GOT TODAY! Thank you so much Krista! Check my post tomorrow! I can't wait to gobble down some porridge in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a great idea, I think I am going to use the immersion blender on the flax seed porridge!! Thanks for the idea!!!

    I am glad the bake sale went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooo... that blended breakkie looks fantastic! I'll try it soon! :D
    Looking forward to see your tonight's baking creation and the winner for the contest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy breakfast! Can't wait to see what you cook up tonight with the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, totally scrumptious eats! And mmm two cookies for dessert are highly essential!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the bake sale went well! Bummer about the camera, but I can just imagine how awesome it was ;) Love your geber daisy plant- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't immersion blenders the best?! I don't know how I lived without it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day it looks like you had!!

    Does anyone at work ever look at you funny for your green monsters? hehe

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMM.... those oats look delish!

    I love bake sales! They always had them when I was in university and I always avoided them because I knew I couldn't control myself. I to would like to think that I'm more in tune with my eating to just eat a few!

    Can't wait to hear the cooking stories.. I'm doing an oatmeal horror story today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your oats look so amazinggggg!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!