Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It!

Hello, everybody!!

I felt like I had the devil on one shoulder last night and an angel on the other!!!! Here’s what I mean. My hubby bought some warm beer nuts (almonds, actually) at the game last night and I ate a handful. Then I really wanted a French vanilla cappuccino, but bought a large chamomile tea instead. When we got home at 9:30, all I could think about was eating a Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut granola bar, so I dug in…

About ¾ of the way through, I heard some familiar thoughts go through my head. They kinda went like this, “Mmmm, this is really good. Maybe I’ll grab a Cadbury Thin bar or ½ a Clif bar when I’m done.” I gave my head a shake and promptly made a green smoothie. Ahhh…disaster averted!!! I had no regrets when I got up this morning, but I know I would have if I’d eaten what my sugar craving wanted me to! LOL!! :)

Another thing I did last night was steep some Vanilla Hazelnut tea to use as the liquid in my oats this morning. Here’s the brand I used.
I let it sit for a good 30 minutes, then put it in the fridge just before I went to bed. This morning, I poured it in the pot and proceeded as usual!
-1 cup Vanilla Hazelnut tea
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 mashed banana
-tbsp chopped pecans

I’m so glad I used the tea for this bowl because it was super delish!!! The oats took on a really nice texture, but I don’t know if the tea did that or not!

Here are some Parnoosh dates and dried figs that I nibbled on while plowing through a pile of paperwork.

I wasn’t hungry at all for them, but I find that I need to keep my mouth busy when performing a monotonous task and I figure that these little guys are better than candy (I hope)!!

Just before hitting the gym I ate a piece of Pumpkin Bread to give me a boost;

For some reason my run was challenging today. I plugged through the 45 minutes, but it felt hellish! That’s pretty odd for me! Oh, well…I got it done and that’s what counts!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 159
Max Hr: 172
Calories Burned: 406
Distance: 4.66 miles

Sadly, my lunch was a bit on the boring side today, but it tasted pretty good! Before the game last night I threw the leftovers veggies into a container with some pre cooked, sliced chicken breast and a few squirts of Bragg’s Amino Acid (soy sauce) and called it lunch!

Then, and I know it was because I was bored; I hit the office candy bowl’s for these 4 piles of sugar.
I know. What I was really after was chocolate, but there was none to be found. That’s probably a good thing!! I did redeem myself towards the end of my work day with a bowl of strawberries & blueberries…

DD had her last skating lesson for the year tonight at 5:30, so dinner was a bit later than usual for me. To help tie me over I munched on a toasted PB & carob chip sandwich...

So good! Reminded me of my PB & Nutella days!!!

Dinner ended up being pretty light! The sammie I ate before hand had some pretty good staying power so I wasn't really hungry when we got back. I knew something had to make it's way to my belly or I'd regret it later! I decided on a bowl of Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze.
I also had a handful of Sahale Snacks Walnut mix, but forgot to take a pic!! I plan on a green monster later on to enjoy while watching CSI.

Here’s another contest for you all! Check out Off Her Cork to see how you can win all things chocolate. Or maybe you’d better stay away and let me win!! :) And please don’t forget to spread the word on my Get Us Baking & Win contest!!!

Bye For Now!!

15 comments:

  1. Gotta love the devilish side, haha :-D

    PB-Carob sandwich???? PURE BLISS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB-carob sammie! Yum! Good Job with averting the late night sugar cravings! I should follow suit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my professors told me that chewing something stimulates the brain - maybe that's why you feel the need to nibble while doing something boring? That or food is just fun to eat ;) That's my excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I feel the same way sometimes! I feel like I could work through a shelf in the kitchen ;) I usually try to down some water and hope it goes away ;) Yummy PB carob sammy! I bet that was an awesome combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, love love love it. And mmmm cereal looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...tea as the liquid in oats. I have a nice chocolate hazelnut tea, I should try that out in some oats one time.

    What does the Bragg's taste like? Is it the same as soy sauce, or do people use it as a replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MUST buy that tea!! It sounds right up my alley since i'm trying to stay off the hazelnut coffee... where did you get it??

    Awesome job saying no to that little devil on your shoulder! You rock girl!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always want to nibble when watching TV. At least when I'm on the laptop or bloging my hands are kept busy typing.

    Great job avoiding the chocolate. I'm doing the same with cheese, trying to avoid eating the whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoooray for the Green Monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea in oats idea is such a good one. That tea is one of my personal favorites too. I'll have to try that.

    I have to fight off late night sugar monsters. I often try to drown them in herbal tea, but sometimes I let them win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh i bet those oats were amazing with the tea!!

    and great job averting sugar disaster last night :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl just found your blog :) its so fun! Haha I always have a late night sugar attack and it usually makes me a popcorn monster

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have that voice in your head too? :) It's hard to fight sometimes! Great job on reigning it in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tea in the oatmeal? woo.... you're being creative! Good that you didn't feed your sugar craving and went for the green monster! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow what a great idea with the tea!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!