Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hockey Night in Our City!

What a wicked wind storm we’ve had today!! It was so gusty that at one point I thought shingles were flying off our roof! The kids were seriously freaked out over the whole thing. YIKES!

I had my yearly physical at 9am this morning so I kept breakfast a little light. After all, there was no need to inflate the number the scale was going to cough up!! :)

-1.25 cup water
-3 Tbsp cream of wheat
-cinnamon
-2 parnoosh dates, chopped
-sprinkle of carob chips

I love the way the carob melted right into the cereal! I was a little scared at first because I’ve never tried carob before, but it was needless fear because I really liked it!!! I was expecting more of a chocolate flavour, but the maltiness rocked!! I’m glad I bought the bag!

My appointment went pretty good. I’m going to be seeing an allergist to determine if I have any food allergies/sensitivities because I’m at my wits end with digestive issues that have plagued me since I was 8. She’s also sending me for some blood work to (hopefully) rule out Celiac Disease. To be quite honest, that’s freaking me out a little! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! I also got a mumps/measles booster. They’re recommending that anyone born between 1970-1991 have the shot updated because they saw a large increase in mumps last year in that age range.

By 11am I was starving so I ate another piece of my pumpkin bread. The camera must’ve liked the looks of it because the picture is no where to be found!

I skipped the gym today because I had some errands to run and a few things to take care of at home. For some reason or other I was feeling pretty hungry all morning so when I got home I ate part 1 of lunch….V8 Broccoli soup!

The first words out of my mouth when I got a taste were “OMG, this is SO good!” And it truly was!! I recommend this one for sure! I ate part 2 of my lunch upon returning to work. It was a Pita Break thin with sabra hummus, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, deli ham and lettuce.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` THANKS to everyone who has entered a recipe in my “Get Us Baking & Win” contest! Remember to spread the word!! Up for grabs for 3 lucky winner’s is a jar of Creamy Coconut Spread as it was very popular with my last contest! Remember…the recipe need only be kid friendly and peanut free! Email me your favourite at kristaskravings@gmail.com!

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` I snacked on a refreshing bowl of strawberries & blackberries before leaving work.


Fresh fruit just knocks my socks off! A co-worker brought me a 1/2 decaf, 1/2 hot chocolate for an afternoon treat...

Here's what my roll up the rim cup's typically look like!

** Just a little sidebar---I should’ve taken a picture of DD’s lunch today. She was so proud of it as she put it together herself! She decided she wanted to take a salad to school to she used a good few handfuls of mixed greens and topped them with grape tomatoes, baby carrots, blackberries and Caesar dressing. It warms my heart to see her choosing such a healthy lunch for herself!**

We’re off to a hockey game tonight because DS’s team is playing the intermission. I’m so PSYCHED to watch!!! Anyways, we have to be at the arena at 6:15pm so I have to make dinner snappy! I made a fam favourite…Cheesy Salsa Chicken. I served mine with a huge side steamed veggies.
Now I have a full belly to keep me warm at the game!!

**Around Blogland;
Gina's got some great Quaker stuff up for grabs and Foods That Fit is giving away some of her favourites!! Check it all out!!

Hope everyone has a terrific night!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Carob!! I love carob!
    And oohhhh I need to jump on the bandwagon for Timmies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't have any food allergies, although it's best you find out so you can do something about it. I have a friend with Celiac's (who is also just finishing up her RD training), so I have a good resource if you do end up needing it.

    And we're supposed to get a measles/mumps shot? I think we all had boosters when I was in grade 11 (95/96). I don't want anymore immunizations!

    Have fun at the hockey game :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD's Lunch sounds awesome! I have been wanting to try that soup! Glad that it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with hearing back from the doctor! That can be scary - I hate waiting. Oh and don't tell me about the MMR shot - I don't want any more needles pricking me!!

    CAROB!! I love love love that V8 soup - it is SO GOOD! Aw how sweet your daughter prepared such a fabulous lunch! You must be a good role model for her (as if I didn't already know that!)! Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't carob so good! I love it. Best of luck with all the doctors stuff! I totally feel for you. The V-8 Soups are so good! I love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 tbsp of cream of wheat makes that bowl??? what's cream of wheat exactly? is it wheat bran? I'm so curious!

    dinner looks yummy~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING breafast!! YUM!

    My future father in law has celiac disease.. it's no fun. Fingers crossed for you!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING breakfast!

    My future father in law has celiac disease. Fingers crossed for you the tests go ok!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food allergies suck! Even if the celiac test does come back negative, you cannot trust it. It is OFTEN wrong! I would still try your own personal elimination diet. Eliminate wheat, barley, spelt, oats from your diet for at least one week and then after the week have one day were you have wheat/gluten at every meal. You may not want to even do this day if you realize how much better you feel without it. I struggled with digestive problems for years too. Turns out I am allergic to dairy (worse than lactose), allergic to soy and also gluten. You can't always trust allergy tests. You may have a serious "sensitivity" that these tests do not pick up on. It sounds like a hassel, but its so worth it in the end, you'll feel SO much better!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!