Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fabulous Day, Fabulous Weather!

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Oh, I've waited so long to be outside and not frozen! Let's get right on to breakfast! DD had wanted to make me breakfast for my b-day yesterday, but couldn't because of the blood work I had to have done so she got right on it today! She made me toast with cinnamon plum tea jam and a yogurt parfait with NF plain yogurt and Nature's Path blueberry cinnamon Optimum cereal and a green tea.
Lovely child, isn't she? I ate the whole sandwich, but got full half way through the parfait. DS slept through the whole event and was very upset to find out that he missed it so I convinced him to make my lunch instead. More on that in a bit.

After letting my meal settle, we went on another bike ride/slash run. I mapped out a mostly flat, sidewalk route on Map My Run that was a smidge over 3 miles. This excursion was met with much success!! No tears today! I could've kept going, but decided not to push my luck.

Time: 27 minutes
Avg Hr: 170

Max Hr: 181

Calories Burned: 270

Distance: 3.15 miles


I know I can do this much faster, but with traffic lights and the such, I obviously have to slow down at points to make sure my kids are safe. Whatever it takes to at least get me out there!! :) here's a glimpse at their bikes after yesterday's trail disaster. We were pretty muddy to say the least!
After showering and playing with the neighbour puppy for a bit, we sat down to lunch. As I said, DS was making it and I gently steered him in the direction of a big salad! I cut some romaine lettuce for him to which he added a BIG handful of spinach, leftover brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, blackberries and some grated smoked cheddar. It was topped off by some Triple Berry dressing.
How good does that look? He was very proud, I tell ya!! I also ate 2 dates with some homemade almond butter on them.
As I mentioned, the weather today was spectacular so I really wanted to take the kids somewhere where we could be outside. I decided to take them over to a touristy village called St. Jacob's which is about a 1/2 hour drive from home. We had a blast! I parked at the end of the strip and we walked up one side and down the other stopping in most of the stores. Here's the kids going into the much anticipated ice cream shop!
Here are the 2 happy campers with their ice cream...
DD had Cookie & Cream....AKA...Oreo on a cone and DS had M&M in a cup. Check out the picture I snuck in one of the stores. It pretty much sums up how I feel after cleaning the house!!!
I finally got into the shop I wanted to check out last. Thankfully, the kids were pretty beat out and didn't have the energy to misbehave....much! I picked up 4 very colourful spoons, a little red bowl and a new 1/8 measure as my plastic one ended up melting in the dishwasher!
And I couldn't resist this dressing....Strawberry Pomegranate! I'll be trying it out real soon!!
Before we left the area, I stopped at an organic bulk store for a few items. Some of what you see here is dried goji berries,dark chocolate covered espresso beans, chocolate covered almonds (for my hubby, of course), cookies, pretzels, Red River hot cereal, steel cut oats, Planter's PB cups (40% off) and kamut flakes.
All this loot was only 15 bucks!! SCORE! :) I noshed on a cookie and 2, OK, 4 PB cups.
Then I had a few chocolate covered espresso beans....
Then I slammed back a bottle of water to stop the insanity!! DD passed out on the way home and DS was very quiet. Mission accomplished!!!

We're heading out to the Royal Ontario Museum tomorrow so when we got home I went online to get the address and find out the hours. My hubby came home from work shortly after 5 so that's when I got dinner started. They had pork chops, a Lipton side kick noodle pack and pan cooked zucchini. I had tofu, the rest of the brussel sprouts and zucchini...
My sweet end (like I really needed one) was a toffee Cadbury Thin;After dinner I went up to Walmart with my laundered ipod and they took it back! Unbelievable! Happy ending to a crappy story! Once I'm done here I'm going to begin the process of reloading all my music on to the new one. *sigh* My hubby will be on afternoons for the rest of the week so I better go spend some time with him because I won't see him at all tomorrow seeing as we'll be gone all day to the museum and he has hockey after work until midnight. Hope everyone has a great evening!!

Bye for now!!

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous day, fabulous weather, fabulous breakfast made by DD, fabulous ice cream, fabulous happy ending to the iPod issue.... SO MUCH FABULOUSNESS!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous day with fabulous eats! those spoons are so cute!!!! AS well as your kids! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, one of those bikes is called the mud Slinger, it only seems appropriate that it be covered in mud :D

    Love all your bulk treats that you picked up. And what a cute breakfast & lunch you had made for you. If only I could teach the cat to do things like that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grated smoked cheddar!?!??! You're a girl after my own heart! lol :oP

    And way to go on the bulk section finds - what a good price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. What a sweet breakfast from your daughter. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your children to make you breakfast and lunch. Just adorable AND the food looks great! Beautiful job. Love the bulk shopping and those cute and colorful spoons

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome time! And super fun too! Ice cream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    That's so sweet that your kids made breakfat and lunch for you!

    Sounds like you're having an awesome March break with the kids!

    Oh those blackberries on your lunch salad look devine! I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are having great family time! Lots of great eats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO jealous of those adorable tiny spoons. Sounds like you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!! Your kiddos are absolutely gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe you got all that awesome stuff for only 15 bucks! Score :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great day!! You have some very sweet kiddos! :-)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Krista your children are ADORABLE! I think it's so cute that they wanted to make you breakfast and lunch!! I hope you are enjoying your time off with them!! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw your kids are so sweet! That breakfast AND lunch are both fit for a queen!! They did a really good job :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!