Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Best Breakfast EVER!

I made the most AMAZING bowl of oats today! As I said last night, breakfast was based on my #1 favorite dessert...TIRAMISU!! My Mom makes this wicked cake only once a year, at Christmas time. Sometimes we get lucky and she’ll do one at Easter, too. Of course, hers is the real deal with marscapone cheese, real whip cream, amaretto liquor and espresso soaked lady finger cookies. Here’s my oat version:

Tiramisu Oats

-1/2 cup each Quaker oats, unsweetened vanilla almond breeze & water
-1 tsp each cocoa powder & instant coffee
-dash of almond extract
-1 Weight Watchers cream cheese cup (2 Tbsp, I think!)
-tsp of agave
-1 amaretto cookie crumbled (for the top)

*bring milk, water, cocoa, coffee & almond extract to a boil
*add oats and let cook a few minutes over low heat
*once oats begin to thicken, stir in agave & cream cheese. Mix well
*pour into bowl and crumble amaretto cookie on top
*Enjoy!




I have to toot my own horn here because this was really, really good and it kept me full for a very long time! Mission accomplished!

Snacky time last night included an Activia yogurt, apple & raisin flavor, and a mitt full of chocolate, peanut butter & cinnamon chips.



The morning flew right on by which is nice. We had some really crappy weather our way, too. Rain, sleet, and some snow. By the way, I consider the word “snow” to be a swear word. The only time I like it is when I’m toasty warm inside watching it from the window. At least the forecast for Friday is looking good. All the little ghosts and goblins should have an OK trick or treating night.

I’m still not feeling 100%, but I had a really good run today. I ramped up the speed and hammered out a little over 3 miles before my half hour was up.

I brought chicken, brown rice & broccoli today for lunch, but decided while on the treadmill that I felt like soup so I brought a cup of broth back to work with me and heated it all up together.



Doesn’t look to appealing, but it did taste good and was just what I needed on this chilly day.

**NEWSFLASH** I’ve gotten a lot of requests in my comments for my co-workers cookie recipe. I talked to her about it this morning and she’s willing to do a “guest post” featuring the recipe. You can expect to see that in the near future. YIPEE!

Tuesday = swim night = quick dinner because the kids are in the pool at 6pm night! I thawed out the other half of this 3 bean and pork chili that I made in the crockpot a few weeks ago. We sprinkled some grated marble cheese on top and I also had a toasted English muffin with mine. Awesome satisfying dinner for a cold, wet night!



I tried an Honest foods bar for my sweet end tonight. I decided to split it with DD because she was all over them yesterday, too. She picked the chocolate peanut butter one.



I really liked it! The flavor was a little different than what I expected....in a good way! It was a nice dense, thick bar with lots of heft and chew to it. I didn't really taste too much peanut butter, but chocolate is my thing anyways I could sure taste that! There was also a subtle hint of fruit in the back of my throat with each bite. What a terrific way to end a meal!

Time for me to go!

Bye for now!

10 comments:

  1. that oatmeal does sound special!! my boyfriend LOVES tiramisu, i must make this for him sometime (but with different ingredients... can't get half of those in england!)thos honest bars are things i wish we had in the uk too, it sounds really good. the broc/chicken dish looks like something i would love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the breakfast, mixture of chocolate, peanut butter & cinnamon chips; and I'm glad that you liked that bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool oatmeal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote your oatmeal as the best flavor in foodie blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tiramisu oatmeal! GENIUS!!!!
    i really like those honest foods products-- i snack on the granola planks a little too much though.
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another divine creation of oatmeal~~~~~~~~so yummy~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I need to get cream cheese soon!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, your breakfast tiramisu looks SOOOO yummy!!!!! I'll bet you make that again soon!

    By the way THANK YOU SO MUCH for introducing me to Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal!! I grabbed some on the weekend and I loved it!

    Have a great night!
    Bacon (http://baconsblog3.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krista - That oatmeal does look amazing. I love the chocolate chips too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That oatmeal sounds FANTASTIC!


    I'm glad you liked the honest foods bar! I think it tastes like a healthy cookie crossed with a granola bar.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!