Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Final DQ Indulgence

I made a nice bowl of oats today! I had some odds and ends in the fridge so I incorporated them into my bowl for a tasty treat.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 a banana
-a bit less than ½ a cup of unsweetened applesauce
-cinnamon, nutmeg, cinnamon sprinkles
-drizzle of agave



To me, it tasted just like apple pie. Yum!

I was craving chocolate in a bad way last night and ended up eating a chocolate peanut Curves bar and a mug of this Land o'Lakes Raspberry Dark hot chocolate.



The morning went a little slow because our program that we use was down and the company is located in Vancouver, which is 3 hours behind us. So that means that we had to wait until 11am before the issue could even be dealt with. Thankfully I had some other work to do, but I blame the lack of “keyboard use” for my idle hands which just so happened to stray to my baggie of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal that I had brought as an “emergency” snack.



Interesting how boredom can so easily breed feelings of (fake) hunger! Oh, my, we are complicated beings!

I'm happy to report another great lunch run! I’m on FIRE this week! I’ve managed to get 40 minutes in each day and today I bumped up the speed and the incline. I really felt the burn in my legs which is a good thing! That means my body is responding to the changes. I have a day off tomorrow so I plan to try a 6 mile run. I think I can do it so I’ll have to just keep that mind set!

Lunch today was a toasted President’s Choice Oat bagel with a Weight Watcher’s cream cheese cup and a sweet, juicy, succulent mango.



I also snacked on a Zucchini-Pineapple-Banana muffin around 2:30pm.



I froze this batch of muffins because it turns out that I was the only one who liked them. I just pull one out every morning and pop it in a baggie to hang out until I’m ready for it.

Our system was back up just after lunch so the afternoon was a complete whirlwind! I try to get up once an hour to move around but that didn’t happen today and can I feel it in my back! Yikes!! On my way home I stopped a 7-11 to use the bank machine. While there I noticed that they have a new cappuccino flavor...Mint Oreo. I caved and bought a small one, but I made it half mint Oreo, half decaf to cut back on the calories (if you read on, you'll see that I needn't have worried about the calories) and gave my daughter a good third of it. Very yummy!



There were 2 surprises waiting for me when I got home!

Surprise #1



My 8lb box of Honey Crisp apples that I ordered from a local school fundraiser. Ginger Gold and Honey Crisp are my 2 all time favorite apples! Actually, they're really the only ones that I'll eat. Aren't they beautiful?!

And surprise #2 was this adorable visitor!



My DS made this in school today. Too cute!

Supper tonight was a chili mango chicken sausage with a side of roasted brussel sprouts and butternut & turnip bake (my blogger secret ingredient recipe)



I froze 2 portions of the butternut squash recipe and this is one of those. And for my sweet end...oh, boy this is a good one! A small DQ Pumpkin Pie blizzard!



This treat was a complete surprise that my hubby treated me to. An indulgence for sure, but worth every bite! Besides, it's not like I eat DQ on a weekly basis, right?! This will most likely be the last ice cream run until the weather warms up again. :(

I'm booked a vacation day off work tomorrow to have an extra long weekend (we have Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend) and have a neat shopping trip scheduled with my sister tomorrow as well as a long run planned for after lunch. I'll be back tomorrow evening with the details! Until then...Ciao!

Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. that pumpkin pie blizzard looks great.. when I first started dating my boyfriend I gained like 10bs eating blzzards hahah... i stop that right away... but i love treats like that every once and a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin pie blizzard...oreo mint cappucino! Too many amazing flavors for me to handle in one post!

    What are the cinnamon sprinkles you put on your oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Pie-tasting oats + gingergold & honeycrisp apples + squash bake + pumpkin pie Blizzard + zucchini-pineapple-banana muffin + mango = WOWZA!!!!!!! Too much deliciousness in one post :0)

    Aww, your DS's project is so cute!!

    Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg!

    The sprinkles are from Pampered Chef. Here's the link!

    http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=16631&categoryCode=PANTRY

    Hope that works!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...pumpkin blizzard

    I haven't forgotten about your honest food bars, I am hoping to pick some up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!