Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Be Or Not To Be....Sunny

The sun was definitely indecisive on whether or not to shine today! One minute it was clear, the next it was drizzling! Weird! At the least the weekend was fantastic! Here’s my oat combo for today!



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/4 cup cranberry sauce
-cinnamon



All I can say about this bowl is “YUM-O!!” Loved it!

Work was nutso today. Aside from having a 4 day long weekend, one of the girls will be off all week due to a family emergency. This means us 3 remaining gals will pick up where she left off. To boot, it’s a pay week and everything has to be transferred to the bank by tomorrow! I know we’ll knock it out, but it’s always stressful getting there. I snacked on an apple about a half hour before I went home to run.



I woke up with a really stiff neck today and couldn’t for the life of me figure out why. I was hoping my lunch run would work out the kinks but it didn’t do much. It did dawn on me while running why my neck was so sore….I raked for an hour yesterday! I even thought to myself as I was raking that I would be sore from it! All in all, I had a good run.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine Panini. This one was the Grilled Chicken Club kind. It too was VERY good. I just can’t get over crispy bread from the microwave. The Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom is still my fave.



I also snacked on a zucchini-pineapple-banana muffin later in the afternoon.



Supper was just a random bunch of ingredients that I threw in the crockpot last night. (Swim night = early, fast dinner) I’ll make this simple and call it…

Chicken in the Crockpot (Genius, I, know!)

-2 onions, cut into six pieces each
-4-5 celery stalks, chopped into 2” pieces
-8 chicken thighs
-2 minced garlic cloves
-a bunch of fresh basil
-2 cups tomato sauce
-S&P, cumin, coriander, dried thyme

I layered it in that order (but you don’t have to) and put it on the low setting for 8 hours (cuz that’s how long I’m gone during the day!). I would’ve liked to have added carrots, but I’m fresh out. Same goes for potatoes. Good thing it’s grocery week! If I had more time, some rice would have been a real asset as it was a little watery on its own. What I did instead was toasted up an Ezekiel 4:9 English muffin and used it for dipping. Perfecto!



Well, the sun decided to shine after all! I'll leave you with a sunset picture taken from my deck. Enjoy the evening!



Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset and yummy chicken!

    Hope your neck feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cranberry sauce looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow cranberry sauce on oats sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bowl of oats looks fantastic!

    Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunset!

    I like that green bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista - Cranberry Sauce Looks amazing.... I am all for the random crock pot creation... nice work :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!