Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's a Cool Whip day!

I had a really relaxing evening last night which is just what the doctor ordered! We all ended up watching a cute Halloween themed movie that had the Olsen twins in it. I can’t remember the title, but the girls looked to have been no more than 6-7 years old. You know, when they were still cute?! About half way through the movie, I ate this snack,

It consisted of the last bit of plain fat free yogurt and pumpkin puree. I’d say it was no more than a third of a cup total. I topped it with a tablespoon of Cool Whip free and some maple flakes. Delish!

Now, more about the maple flakes. They were really good! I mean, very sweet, of course, but as a topper they rocked. I ate a pinch plain and it was just like maple syrup. I also sprinkled some on top of this “latte” that I made at home and it was a real treat. Very coffee house chic! :)

To make this I used...

-1 heaping tsp of instant coffee
-1 heaping tsp pumpkin spice coffee mix
-1 cup hot water
-1/4 unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
-2 TBSP Cool Whip free
-1 tsp maple flakes

I drank it this afternoon around 3pm to tide me over until dinner time.

I see I’ve gotten quite ahead of myself here! What about the star meal of the day…breakfast?! How could I forget about that? Here’s what I enjoyed while gazing out my big beautiful kitchen window!

-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-cinnamon
-1/4 cup cranberry sauce
-2 Tbsp Kashi cinnamon Harvest “crumbs”

My definition of crumbs is all the broken off pieces of wheat that come off the little squares and hang out at the bottom on the cereal bag. Know what I mean? I hate to waste that stuff so I usually mix it into something else as a filler. After all, it is still perfectly good cereal (or maybe I’m just that I'm a cheap-o! :~) ) Hehe!

After breakfast was Saturday chore time. Everyone was home this morning so my hubby took over vacuuming duties for me, so I tackled the washrooms, stove top and counter, laundry and dusting. We were all done by 10:30am which was pretty darn cool. If it had of been just me, I would’ve been at it another hour. My DS had a birthday party at noon so once he was settled at the bowling alley (cool party!) my hubby, DD and I went to William’s Pub for a bite to eat. I chose a bowl of chicken gumbo soup and a half of a roasted veggie panini with a large skim Chai tea latte. Oh, so satisfying!

The food here is as close to Panera’s as I can get without driving for 2 hours. It’s pretty darn good stuff and I like that everything is so fresh and made to order...unlike those other places...you know who I mean!! After we ate we took a tour around the mall to help our digestion along and before we knew it, it was 2pm and time to pick the boy up. And wasn’t he just full of sugar! Yikes! Last pit stop before home was the library for a new selection of books. Later in the day my brother and his 2 kiddies came by for a visit. So fun but really busy. I forget how much work it is to have a 2 and 3 year old!

I roasted a turkey breast for dinner tonight along with some carrots and parsnips. I just love the smell of the house when something is cooking up in the oven! One turkey breast is enough to feed the 4 of us which is a lot more cost effective at this point than buying the whole bird.

I also ate the rest of the left over mixed veg from the other night. That blob there in the middle is cranberry chutney.

My sweet end was a piece of banana, cranberry & pumpkin cake with a swirl of cool Whip free and I'm drinking this mug of pumpkin tea as I type this post.


I think we're going to watch the new Indian Jones movie a little later on. I've heard mixed reviews about it, so I hope it's not a complete wash out! Tomorrow's shaping up to be a busy one so I'd better get some blog reading done now!

Bye for now!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I just cannot get over how CUTE all of your bowls, plates, glasses, etc. are!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken gumbo...I love it! I should make some one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is so full of yummy food! Love all the uses for the maple flakes and the pumpkin spice coffee recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good things going on here! We have Tim Horton's - I never thought to look there for tea!

    Have you ever had frozen cool whip? It doesn't really freeze all the way, but you can eat it like ice cream and it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks incredibly delicious!!! I'm curious about the flax seed porridge, how it tasteS? like oatmeal? why it looks so weird?

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous eats! the pumpkin yogurt looks like a restaurant dessert :D i agree with veggiegirl, your crockery is to die for. i really enjoyed indiana jones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooove the flax as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the maple flakes review! I haven't seen them again since you mentioned them the other day but I am on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now on the hunt for maple flakes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!