Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pilate’s & Biggest Loser

Well, I made it into work today! I’m SO, so relieved that DD was feeling more like her self when she woke up. Especially after reading THIS article this morning. Those 2 poor babies are right around her age! She ate a good breakfast, took her med’s like a champ and was excited to get back to school. Thank the heavens for that.

I got myself to bed at 9:15pm last night knowing that I needed to catch up on my own zzz’s, but that damn New Moon kept me up until 11pm anyways! Yikes! I must’ve slept enough regardless because I felt pretty good this morning. Breakfast may have been a factor in that! 100_6817

-1 cup coffee
-1/3 cup oat bran
-raisins
-cashew butter
-Enjoy Life Foods trail mix 100_6816

Seeing as today was my Monday and I had a back log of work to catch up on, the day flew right on by. Pre gym snack of the day was a Clif PB&J dipped Mojo bar; 100_6819 100_6821

JUST like a PB&J sandwich with out the bothersome bread! Loved it.

I’m guilty of trying to talk myself out of a run today and to use the elliptical instead, but then I read Leah’s post about how great she felt after her 4 miler and the deal was sealed!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 161
Max Hr: 181
Calories Torched: 469
Distance: 4.5 miles

And, yes….I was very glad afterwards to have run!

Lunch was some leftover jade grain blend… 100_6822

With some broccoli; 100_6823

All I added to this was a wee pat of butter and some salt. Gotta have those 2 things with anything kind of rice because that’s how my Mom made it when I was a kid. I use to love when she made rice as a base for stew or chili because her rice was always so flavourful. Good ole saltiness!

Afternoon snack-a-roo was a huge honey crisp apple. 100_6824

I only have one left so I’ll be buying more this weekend for sure. I think the season is almost over for them which is too sad for me to even contemplate. :(

We BBQ’d some turkey sausages tonight which I served with the rest of the green beans from the other night. The fam had some packaged noodles, too so I decided to mix up a 1/2ish cup of red kidney beans with a scoop of TJ’s spinach sauce. It turned out fantastic! Here’s my plate;

100_6827

And just as a reminder, here’s what the jar of sauce looks like. 100_6825

I scarfed back 2 of Allie’s aprican bites on my way out the door to Pilate’s. Hence no photo!

Speaking of Pilate’s…..at some point this class turned into a sweet kind of torture. By the time the hour is up every muscle in my body, but especially my core area, is trembling. OW-WEE! Mind you, that is what I paid for!

I’ve just settled in with 3 strawberry pumpkin coconut bites with some macadamia nut butter; 100_6828

to watch The Biggest Loser. After that will be straight to bed for me. :D

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. ahhhhh twilight...how you leave us all sleep deprived ;) Glad DD is feeling better! Love all the mojos. Huge apples are amazing. I just had a big one with din din ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVES those little pumpkin bites :)

    ugh New Moon was my FAV its so depressing (hahaha I know its sad the most depressing one was my fav) but seriously it SUCKS you in. hurry up and finish!! hahaha i keed i keed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad she is feeling better. Kids were dropping like flies at my school today.

    Twilight was something thank goodness I read during the summer. I was up every night until I passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh twilight...how you've gotten so many to fall for you...!

    and glad DD is feeling better!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad DD is better!

    Your dessert looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried any of the TJ's sauces, but you make them sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope DD keeps improving! good vibes to her!
    a run always make you feel better afterward... I really crave one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I could help you get out for that run!! I admit, I never regret a workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO glad DD is feeling better--with all these crazy sicknesses floating around, it's a bit scary! OMG I want that bar--it looks amazing! Are they new or..?

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! Glad DD is feeling better!! I saw that spinach sauce at TJs yesterday. Next time I'll have to pick up a jar and try it with beans!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad DD is feeling better! I bet I would love that flavor Clif...I love the flavors of PB&J but hate the bread (especially if it gets soggy!). I'll definitely look for this flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what did you think of the biggest loser?? I was so sad to see abby go, but she has so much support at home!

    those clif bar look INSANE...DIPPED pb&J! wow, I need to find those at whole foods next time i go

    I am glad DD is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that nut butter sounds awesome & i've really been wanting to try those clif bars

    xoxo,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. What all is in that grain blend? It looks really tasty. And I know what you mean about adding a wee bit of butter to your rice - we always ate it that way too, and I'd always add soy sauce (aka salt). I could seriously eat a whole bowl of rice with just butter & soy sauce and be a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!