Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby!

Happy Tuesday, everybody!!! This post is going to be a quick one because we just got back from out of town hockey and I want to catch what I can of The Biggest Loser. IMG_0712
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-cinnamon
-chocolate honey
-raspberries
-Dorset cereal IMG_0711
Work went well today. Not as fast as yesterday, but quick enough. Here are the snacks I consumed while keypunching away: IMG_0718 IMG_0713 IMG_0716
I really enjoyed the Luna cookie dough bar! It was chewy, sweet and had little crispy bits of chocolate throughout! I’m heading to Buffalo next week and will be keeping my eye out. I still have a PB and a chocolate cherry one at home to try.

Today was cardio day at the gym and I decided to walk at a speed of 4.1mph at a 7% incline. It’s really just as heart pumping a workout as running.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 153
Max Hr: 173
Calories Torched: 436
Distance: 3 miles

The boys ended up at Pizza Hut for dinner last night so there were 2 chicken burgers leftover. One ended up in my lunch today bread and topping free because it REALLY filled me up last night and I didn’t want to sit the whole afternoon with a jam-packed belly! It did have a dollop of mango chutney on top for a little extra flava: IMG_0717
It was so incredibly gorgeous out today that a co worker and I took a stroll around the block at 3pm break time. It was tough coming back inside for the last hour of the day! We made a pit stop into Tim Hortons where I bought a ½ decaf, ½ hazelnut smoothie: IMG_0719
I’ve never tried this combo before but I reasoned that if they could do ½ hot chocolate, ½ decaf, they could do this. And it was awesome! I think this will be my new go-to Tim’s beverage for awhile. And did I win anything on the roll up the rim??? IMG_0720
Not a big shocker….

Dinner was eaten on the road. We had our family go-to meal…Subway. Mine was a 6” ham & turkey on WW with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, black olives, hot peppers and sweet onion sauce: IMG_0721

The drive to the game was just about an hour and was all on back roads as opposed to major highways. It was SO pretty! Once we got to the rink I kicked myself in the butt for not taking any photos. DOH! Buuuut….the boys WON!! WAHOO! The score was 4-3 and what an exciting game it was. So this means we get home ice in the final round, hence the title of this post. Here are my boys before ice time. IMG_0722

I just ate the last of my Nature’s Path vanilla crunch cereal seeing as Subway was long ago. IMG_0729

Hit. The. Spot. Well, I’m off!!!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. mmm the coffee combo afternoon treat sounds fabulous! Congrats to the boys on the win!!!! Hope the biggest loser is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! The boys won, congrats!

    Was that a cookie dough luna bar?!? Sounds so good and I'm so going to be on the look out for that flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the cookie dough luna too! Some people said it tasted protein-y but it was a fun sweet treat, I thought.

    In response to your sweat formspring answer. SO JEALOUS!! I sweat like a faucet and MUST shower after working out....or be super sweaty/smelly in front of other people (which is often the case).

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to your little one on his win! I never win on roll up the rim :( but i definitely buy more during roll up the rim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista your oatbran has never looked so gorgeous!! I love how the raspberries pop with color!
    And the Luna cookie dough looks awesome. It looks like actual dough inside, I'll have to find one and try it!
    I love Subway. I think the bread is delicious- sweet and doughy.
    Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww congrats on your boy! so sweet!
    GAH i could seriously have subway every single day! SOOO GOOD!
    i love the luna cookie cough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful breakfast!

    The Luna bar looks yummy!

    Congrats to DS for winning the game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the picture of your two men! You must be really proud of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyy..congratz to your boyyyy! It's always nice to win a game ;)

    You know...I haven't been to timmies in so long! I haven't even had a chance to roll up the rim!!! But alas..I always lose anyways :P

    p.s your sub looks totally yummy!

    Enjoy the nice weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to your son for winning!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoo!! When is the next game??

    Ok where the heck did you find chocolate honey??!!! Sounds amazing! Did I miss the post on this?? Loving your oat breakfast!!!!!

    I didnt like the luna cookie dough protein bar as much, I thought it was ok : )

    Love ya girl!! Get some goodies in Buffalo when you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the turkey and ham sub from subway yesterday! LOVE me some subway!! Your breakfast looks delish too!

    Thanks for the recent comments on my posts Krista! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I saw that cereal at the store the other day, and was this close to buying it. Then I realized I hadn't been paid yet, so I had to leave it there. But I'm totally getting some soon, as it looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!